2014

2014

Wednesday, March 08, 2023

You Win Some, You Lose Some . . .

 Alrighty . . . 


Jonas was pretty excited when he finally got back home to Colorado. He made sure I told Ben to be dressed in his outfit by 9pm - when Jonas would be back home. Cool!

We've been busy with gym meets with the girls. After the Fort Collins meet, the girls had a home meet the last weekend in February and then a meet in Junction the following weekend. They have another meet in Junction this coming week and then we're done until State.

Lucy had an incredible home meet. She took 1st on vault and beam - plus a first-place in the all-around! Yay Lucy! She was pretty darn happy.

Pre-meet.


Lucy and her good-friend and locker-partner, Serianna (literally have no idea how to spell her name!). 

1st place AA - whoop, whoop!

I don't really have any great pictures of Emmy's meet. She wasn't super happy with her performance (is she ever, ha?!), but ended up doing quite well. She got a 1st place on vault and bars and then ended up placing 4th all-around. Not bad at all! Her beam score was quite low, a 7.775 (due to a fall and some wobbles), so that took her a bit lower in the all-around. But still really good.

Lucy's home meet video is here and Emmy's is here.

So long February 2023!

The next meet was at Colorado West in Junction. Emmy went first on Friday night. She had a pretty great night, but, again, wasn't super-pleased with her performance. She did get a 2nd place on bars and a 3rd place on the all-around. So obviously not too shabby! I think she's mainly frustrated with her floor scores all season. Last season she was basically scoring at least 9.2s. This season, she has only gotten in the 9s once. I mean, she's been close - this meet was an 8.925. But just small, little mistakes have cost her a bit and she's just frustrated with not shining on "her" event. But we're trying to reign in her emotions (i.e., crying) . . . Emmy feels badly about it, too, because her teammates don't even do as well as Emmy and here Emmy is crying but still placing well in a lot of events. . . So we're working on that. :)

3rd-place all-around. Go Emmy!

Lucy was up on Saturday at Colorado West. (Ben couldn't come to these meets because he was on call. We girls got home at 11pm on Friday, then Lucy and I headed back up to Junction on Saturday at 2. We got home around 8pm.) Lucy didn't have her best nor favorite meet. :) She went from an amazing 1st place at home to a 9th place all-around at Co. West. She was actually doing pretty great . . . until "her" event, beam. She usually rocks at beam. But she was putting in a new skill (a back-walkover) and I think she was quite nervous about that. I was, too! She didn't even get any feet on any of her warm-up back-walkovers . . . so I actually thought she wasn't going to do it. But she did and I was proud of her for going for it! And she actually stuck her back-walkover but missed her usually on-point cartwheel. Bummer. Even with a fall, Lucy usually still gets an amazing score. But not so at Co. West. She was just a bit more wobbly than normal and ended up with a bummer 7.55 score. If she would have gotten her normal score, she probably would have ended up either 2nd or 3rd in the all-around. Oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not that she lost . . . but 9th certainly wasn't what she was hoping for. She did get 2nd on floor and 4th on the bars. 
Lucy in the all-around category.

Lucy and her cute teammates taking home 2nd place in the team results.

Emmy's Co West meet here and Lucy's Co West meet here.

Back to you win some, you lose some . . . While I was out and about with the girls and gym meets, Jonas was boarding with friends on Saturday. And apparently there was a "bet" made - involving hitting a huge jump. If you didn't do/make the jump . . . 
You had to get your ears pierced at the mall in Junction. Yep, Jonas lost. As did his two friends. So Jonas and Aidan got their ears pierced at Claire's (Jesse didn't have the funds for it). Haha. He called and told me and I wasn't thrilled about it, but I also didn't really care about it . . . Especially as he told me the deal was they only have to wear the earrings for 1 week and the military doesn't allow it anyways . . . So kind of funny! Kind of gross, too, ha! Ben's reaction was great, "It's his ears." :) 

Oh teenagers . . .

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

I know the girls aren't happy with some of their scores, but I still think they're amazing.

And hahahahahaha about Jonas. Ben's 1000% right! But doesn't mean you have to like it. I, however, am laughing hysterically. :)