2014

2014

Monday, April 17, 2023

Just Jonas

Well maybe not just Jonas . . . but I had to stick with the "J" theme . . . 

Jonas went to Prom last weekend - his Junior prom. He took Abigail . . . I am not sure if they are like "officially" a couple, but I do think they like each other. :) Abigail does gymnastics with the girls and is good friends with Emmy. So we learned lots of stuff thru Emmy haha. Like, for instance, that Abigail wanted Jonas to ask her with a poster "promposal." Which Jonas didn't really want to do . . . but Emmy and I scoured Pinterest and found some ideas - one of which Jonas actually agreed on. We had my awesome friend write it out because she does lettering for money and so she's super great at it. It looked awesome, but too bad you can't see how awesome because the silly kids waited until it got dark to take a picture of it . . . 

Jonas took Abigail out one evening, and Abigail brought along her little sister. Layla (sp?) is the sister and is friends with Emmy as they are both freshmen at the high school. Emmy cried several times over prom-stuff and being left out - and this was one of them. She was super sad not to have gotten to go on the promposal night, especially as 1. She was basically the reason the poster existed at all and 2. Layla got to be there. As I told Emmy on prom-cry #2 or 3 (pre-prom pictures), Layla got to come along because she had a sister going to prom and not a brother . . . (Not that I think Emmy would want Lucy tagging along . . . but more likely that then a big brother letting his sister come?)

Jonas finally got the nerve to get the poster out and officially ask Abigail to prom. She said yes. :) Apparently she had turned down quite a few young suitors while she was waiting for Jonas . . . 

The poster reads, "I may not be Luke Combs, but will you be my Beautiful Crazy date to prom?" Yeah, I didn't get it . . . But Emmy and Jonas and probably most teens did right away. Luke Combs is a country-singer who sings a song titled, "Beautiful Crazy." So perfect!

I ordered a bunch of bow-ties and vests and a suit jacket for the big night. It wasn't too tricky trying to match Abigail: colors were a black dress and turquoise jewelry. Both of us got several bow ties, and one of them (Abi's) was a great match. The suit jacket wasn't as simple seeing as Amazon was to have delivered it by Wednesday of prom week. It got delayed and delayed and delayed. The latest update was to have it arrive on Saturday, the day of prom. I couldn't chance that and so I started checking out online what I would find on Junction. Men's Wearhouse was super-duper expensive and so that was a big N-O. Luckily I was able to find some jackets at the Target in Junction (our local one didn't have any, of course and so sadly). 

So on the day of prom, Emmy and I drove up to Junction to pick up the jackets (two of them since I wasn't sure of the size). Emmy drove and so she got some good drive-time in. Luckily one of the jackets worked and so we were all good. (The jackets still haven't arrived and so I have already requested a refund. Lameness.)

Jonas was extremely graciously loaned a fancy Jeep Gladiator from a young dad in our ward. Unfortunately Jonas didn't get any pictures of it, but it looks something like this: 

But even cooler. :) Jonas, of course, was super excited to have it and drive it around for the night. 

Jonas picked up Abigail around 4 and they got pictures. There was another couple there - the girl is one of Abigail's best-friends. So they took pictures and then they went to dinner, the four of them. Apparently the girls didn't eat anything . . . Silly girls.


Then it was on to the pavilion where the dance was to be. Before the dance started, however, they do a "promenade." This was held on the stage and whoever wanted to, would introduce themselves (or themself) and walk out. Anyone could go and watch for $5. Lucy was babysitting and so Emmy and I went to watch. It was really fun to see everyone all dressed up. But there was no way I would have wanted to do it in high school ha! I almost thought Jonas might back out of doing it, but he and Abigail did it and so it was fun to see them. The parents then left and it was on to the dance.

Luckily for Abigail, most of Jonas' guy friends were not there (he and his friends were a bit wild - think mosh-pit - at Homecoming in the fall) and so Jonas only joined in one time in the mosh-pit. Otherwise, he and Abigail danced all the swing-dances and slow-dances. I think they had a pretty good time. After that they went to some party that I was not excited about and had expressed that to Jonas several times. He said Abigail wanted to go and he didn't want her there alone and so that was that . . . But blessings of blessings (if what Jonas told me was the truth - which it seems to line up correctly), within 10 minutes of being there, Abigail told Jonas she wanted to go and so they left. Yay. They then just drove around town in the cool jeep and had fun being out late. I think it was a good night for both of them. I especially hope so for Abi!

Here are some pictures of the handsome couple:








I love the pictures! What a dashing couple indeed. 

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

if not a poster, what was jonas's plan? just ask?

um i googled luke combs. based on nothing but looks, jonas is WAY better. haha.

i can't believe the other jacket hasn't arrived! is it coming via fedex? i hate fedex. they're the WORST.

ugh. why didn't the girls eat?!