Jonas has been up to a whole lot of . . . nothing. Haha. Just kidding, but only a little. He's going to school - but also not. I just a call last week from his school counselor a little worried about him not graduating as he's not attending one class, failing a couple, etc. UGH. We had a good chat and Jonas seems motivated to actually graduate . . . but, honestly, we'll see how long it lasts. Ugh, I just need to get this kid graduated. It's ridiculous. But Jonas has been taught and really there isn't much else we can do - expect pray and keep encouraging him, I guess.
Jonas is back working at the rec as a lifeguard. But it's quite boring and so he's hoping to get another job. He has an interview at Murdoch's this coming Thursday and is hoping to get that job. We'll see.
He got a different vehicle, sigh. His jeep was falling apart kind of - smoking, etc. So the jeep is currently in the high school's auto shop and he's hoping to replace the engine over the next 6 months or so. So, in the meantime, he bought a truck. A small one. Ben and I had even decided to offer some money from Jonas' savings (our savings for him) to help him perhaps get a "better" vehicle. But after looking at what's out there and seeing trucks for 3-thousand dollars more - but older, more miles, etc. than the one he was looking at here, we all decided this truck was probably the better deal. The girls (including Abby) think it's an ugly truck. I don't know why? Looks like a fine truck to me . . . ? He's happy with it.
But we're still waiting on getting his pay from the National Guard. He has not gotten any payment since June. Lame. I contacted the sergeant last week, but they are "still working on it." Ugh.
Jonas and Abby went to homecoming. . .
I think that's about it for a Jonas update!







1 comment:
Kids! I think the truck is just fine. Which probably explains what is wrong with it. Ha!
No words on everything else. It's all just hard!
Post a Comment