Whoa, August was a doozy! A good doozy, for the most part, but a doozy nonetheless. We enjoyed the first of August in California and then it was on to the craziness of welcoming Jonas home, celebrating two birthdays, back-to-school for the girls, a drop-off at college for Jonas, a race thrown in and so that all, indeed, made for a busy month!
I squeezed in a classic hike up to Blue Lakes at the end of the month. Pretty sure this was only my third hike of the summer. So sad.
Brittany (bday girl and "reason" for the hike), Jody, Jill, Becka, Liz, me, and Heather.It's always gorgeous, no matter how many times you see it!
Jonas came down for Labor-Day weekend. Ben and I had both seen this truck for sale on our bike ride and it's just what Jonas was looking for: a Toyota Tacoma (and for a decent price!). I sent Jonas pictures and the contact information and Jonas talked to Mike, the owner. Ben and I went to check it out mid-week and took it for a drive. It drove great, but the interior left a lot to be desired . . . not horrible, but certainly not "nice." Jonas was a bit bummed by the interior pictures, but still drove down to check it out. In the end, Jonas felt it was a solid truck for a good deal and bought it. Ben spent all day with Jonas on getting the truck and then cleaning it up. There were a lot of stickers on it that they scrubbed off. There was also a lot of duct-tape because the owner's son was big into "lights" and had rigged up all sorts of lighting with tape, etc. So they cleaned it up inside and out and it looked fantastic when all was said and done. I hope it serves him well and that we can sell his car!
The End to August 2024.

No comments:
Post a Comment