2014

2014

Wednesday, September 02, 2026

My August Birthday Girls!

As I have mentioned, Lucy's Sweet 16 AND Golden birthday was spent driving in the car home from Idaho/Utah. But . . . I did make it a little special for our welcome-home. I have some great friends (Molly Shockly and her husband Alex and their cute kids) and asked Molly to decorate our dining room (I had Amazon deliver the decor to her house) and Alex to make a cake because he is an amazing hobby-chef. And they both delivered beautifully! 

So cute!

Lots of similar pictures because we don't have much else from that day, ha.

Whoop, whoop!

The cake was amazing - I just requested a lemon raspberry something or other and it was perfect.



Golden for Lucy's Golden Birthday. :)

I prepared one of her favorite meals (and one super-quick to put together): chicken salad sandwiches in croissants. After dinner, we opened her gifts. She had picked out a couple of shoes and tops. But then I did surprise her with AirPods (a great Facebook marketplace find), a lovely Christ necklace the girls had wanted, and a Cotopaxi fleece (a great Poshmark find) so she'll stop wearing mine, ha! Fun!!

We celebrated Emmy's birthday a week early - August 20th. We had tilapia and rice for dinner and it was so yummy. Then Miles had made Emmy's requested cake: cookie dough cake. It was deliciouss!

It turned out perfect.

19, wow!

One more with Emmy's camera. :)

Emmy opened her gifts, which mainly was stuff for college - bedding, etc. I did get her some cute notebooks, pens, and organizers for class. Plus some fun surprises - a necklace like Lucy and surprise Birkenstocks. She was thrilled with everything, yay. 

The girls also got their hair done and paid for (helped at least) from their siblings - all pitching in some. Lucy went blonder and Emmy went brown-er. :)

Love these August beauties and just can't believe how much they are growing up!

No comments: