The boys tried a camp-out in the backyard last year but got thundered/rained out. So we decided to give it a go again. I didn't sleep out - since Lucy was inside asleep. . . and it's more comfortable on a bed. . . But I was out for most of the evening with everyone and then came back out and saw some of the stars finally make their appearance - though I had just missed a shooting star (which was definitely neat for the kids to see). They had a good time and, of course, want to do it pretty much every night.
To go along with our camping-theme I even made a dutch-oven dinner - all. by. myself. I don't really know what I was thinking when I told Ben I could do it. I mean, I don't think I've really ever started a fire on my own - like a sustaining fire. But Ben was gone for the entire day (10 hours - blech) and didn't get home until after 6 and so it was up to me. It took me around 45 minutes to finally get the coals to turn gray. I made sloppy joes and it was pretty great. Jonas downed his in about 4 bites. :)
Anyways, here is a fun video of Jonas, the scary storyteller:
2 comments:
Loved the video, and how Ben says, "We actually sat down to say a prayer." Sounds like our family prayer time, too - that's very close to home. Wish we could get together one of these days!
rhett loved the scary story! so cute.
Post a Comment