Though we are naturally decaffeinated, we've got plenty of spunk (some good, some bad!).
2014
Friday, May 30, 2014
The First Lemonade Stand of Summer 2014
Fun Facts about this:
* I did it nice and early so the kids can't tell me all summer how I never let them do this . . .
* My kids all stand out there and wave to most of the cars that drive by.
* A policeman stopped by and bought some lemonade.
* A nice lady came, told the kids she was on a diet and so didn't buy anything, but gave my kids $5 anyways because her daughter used to do this.
* So far 2 people from school have stopped by - the computers teacher and Miles' Quest teacher. Totally exciting for my kids!
* I sit back on the porch and let the kids do it all.
* Miles made the cookies. Emmy and Lucy helped with the lemonade (We just had to go and make more!). Jonas wrote the sign, helped carry out the tables, and helped a tiny bit on the cookies.
* One man asked the boys if they were in Cub Scouts.
* I think this is the busiest they've ever been - we'll have to see what the final amount-made is when they are all done.
* Miles wanted to make a "grand cookie," (i.e., a really big one). At first, I was like, no. But then I didn't have any reason to say that, so I told him to go ahead. It sold within the first 10 or so minutes.
* When you sell things for cheap, most people give a "tip."
Fun stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
GREAT mom!!! I let my kids help the neighbors, does that count??? ;)
so tell me...how do you price your items? how much is the lemonade? the small cookies? the grande?
Post a Comment