So I really wasn't planning on doing GOTR this year. I just had a lot going on and didn't think I could do one more thing. Which, I thought, would mean our elementary school wouldn't be able to do GOTR (you see, there are 2-3 of us on the PAC and so I have experience and knowledge that not many parents step-up to volunteer for things like this . . . unfortunately). I'd done GOTR for the past 3 years and felt like a break would be good before Emmy was finally in 3rd grade and could officially do it.
Well. . . fortunately for our school we had 2 staff members agree to do it. Then I got a call from our district gal asking if I would be willing to do it once a week. Sure, sure. I'm glad to do it, it just adds to our already crazy lives. Also, doing it once a week was a little hard for me. I just felt I was missing 1/2 of it . . . because I was! But it worked out just fine.
The 5K race was on May 2nd up in Junction - as always. We had a decent turn-out for our girls. I didn't see too many of them finish, but I know each girl did and I hope they had fun! It ended up that I didn't run with any of the girls from school - a lot of them had a mom to run with. Or they were in front to go fast - and I couldn't since I had a stroller. So I was just with my very own two girls.
And it was great.
Emmy ran/walked it with me pushing Lucy. We ran for 5 minutes, then walked 5, ran 5, etc. We finished at 40 minutes, which I thought was pretty good for a little girl that did no training. :) I can't wait until she is in 3rd grade! It will be so fun to do with her - if I can keep up with her by then. :)
I think this shows most of our girls that showed up for the race!
Post-race. She really is too cute and has such long legs - where on earth did she get those?! What a cutie.
Even though Lucy didn't do any running, she wanted all the post-race snacks. Of course. :)
"Baby" Emmy. Emmy wanted to be pushed. Lucy wanted to push. Isn't it great when life works out like that?
We finished up our "girls day" by . . . going shopping of course! Ha, this is something we like never ever do. But I had a bunch of Old Navy reward money and so we had a fun time there. The girls got some adorable shoes, among a few other things. We finished it up with some delicious frozen yogurt. My flavor (a new fav?): sea salt caramel pretzel. YUM.
Anyways, we were all happy and had a fun day! Go Girl Power! :)




1 comment:
well, duh. she got those long legs from her aunt-e. :) and YES on the sea salt caramel. it's the shake mom bought while visiting me and she liked it okay. i liked it more than okay and finished hers. ha.
go girls!
Post a Comment