2014

2014

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Halloween 2017

Well, it wasn't my favorite Halloween.  Probably because I didn't do much with the costumes.  Then I got some bummer news about Emmy's gymnastics team not being able to compete this weekend (and thus they most likely won't compete at all this year, including at State - which is what they have been working on all year long . . .) and it sort of ruined the evening for me.

But, I think the kids had a good time.  We trick-or-treated in our neighborhood for a bit, then we drove over to Lucy's teacher's neighborhood since she had invited all her students to come to her house and trick-or-treat.  Of course her husband answered the door and so we didn't even see Mrs.  Dodd!  Oh well.  There is a haunted house there that the boys went in - twice - and they liked that.  They got enough candy.  Not like tons, but definitely enough.

Costumes:
 I went to the school's parade and then hung out in Lucy's classroom afterward.  What a bunch of cute 1st-graders!

 Lucy, aka Poppy the Troll, enjoying treats at her classroom party.

 I made mummy calzones for dinner.  Spooky.

 Once again, Lucy - aka Poppy from Trolls.

Emmy - a Schuyler sister from the Broadway musical Hamilton.  Which Schuyler sister - it depended on the day . . .sometimes Angelica, other times Eliza, and every once in a while, Peggy.  :)

 Once again, Jonas and Jim!  I don't think we've ever gotten more compliments on a costume than with this one (again, nice job Ben!).  So many people loved it.  In fact, most houses had to call in the rest of their family and friends to come and check it out.  Fun for Jonas.  :)

 Dr. Maxwell.  Scrubs courtesy of the Black Canyon Surgical Center.  It even came complete with a stain.  Awesome.

The whole gang - Dr. Maxwell, Jim, lazy Jonas being carried, Poppy, and a Schuyler sister.

Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Um. I think those costumes look amazing! Where did you find Emmy's dress? And Lucy looks so cute! We definitely saw a bunch of Poppy's at our trunk or treat. Halloween is just so fun for the kiddos.