2014

2014

Monday, January 08, 2018

Winter break is over

Well today is the last day of winter break - yes, our kids were still out of school as of today!  It was good when it was good and was awful when it was awful!  :)

The boys had a lot of adventures.  They were able to play at this "creek" (ditch) area and build forts with their friends for many days.  They rode their bikes all over as well - in town and in the Buzzard Gulch Mtn. Biking area.

The girls were home more.  Thus we had many "dance shows," etc.  They did manage one play-date with friends and I did take them to the pool like 4 times, I think.

But real life starts back.  I'm a little sad and a little glad.  Routines are nice, but it was also a nice break from the crazy activities of school, gymnastics, swimming, music class, etc.

Plus, I have to work tonight.  Sigh.

Why can't life be more balanced with play and work?! 

Because . . . that's life!

 Here's our December calendar . . . just posted a little late!

One of Emmy's Christmas gifts was a 3-month subscription to Kidstir.  It's a company that mails out a box that includes three recipes and a few kitchen "tools" to go along.  For December's box, Emmy got three cookie recipes and enjoyed making them.  She just got January's box - full of soup recipes.  Today she made the Oodles of Noodles soup - it was basically a homemade ramen noodle soup with carrots and tofu.  She had fun making it. . .

and eating it, too!  I tried a bite or two and it was yummy!  Her siblings all had a bowl and all enjoyed it, too.  Those are the cute chopsticks that came with Emmy's Kidstir box!

And here is one of the dance routines the girls came up with over break:



1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Do you think that year-round school would give more balance or no? I can't decide. But man, I was about 95/5 happy/sad for the boys to go back. Of course, Thursday was a snow day and Friday AND today are delayed days and yesterday was early release, so I guess they're easing us back into the regular school routine. :)