On Saturday the girls and I worked on their classroom valentines. They are fun to do, but it's also nice only having two kids that have to do them now! Lucy picked the most time-consuming of pinterest choices - but she loves them and they did turn out super cute. :)
Fun, fun.
Here's a close-up of her valentines.
Emmy wanted gummy bears and so came up with her idea - based on others she had seen.
Her close-up. This one in particular was the only one that said "Love." The others say "like." You might think this one is for the boy she is "going on" (even though I don't know if that is still happening?), but it isn't. It's for her crush, Reggie. She didn't want to sign his because Reggie told her he would not be her valentine and so she wanted to do it anonymously. So funny.
Ben and I painted the wall and the girls' room on Friday. It turned out great. On Saturday I did a fun little project and painted the girls' door on their room-side. I made some DIY chalkboard paint and the girls love it. In fact, they woke me up a little before 7 on Sunday asking if they could draw on it. Super cute.
Pretty fun! It will look even better when it gets all trimmed out. I might have to take another picture. :)
Still awaiting trim, but here is their room - one wall is yellow and the rest are green. The girls will be getting new bedspreads and we matched the colors to those.
Just giving you an idea.
As Emmy said, "Now it looks like a kids' room!" When I asked her if she likes it, she replied, "No. I love it!" :)
1 comment:
House changes are so fun! I'm jealous.
Emmy's bear valentine? Wouldn't even be allowed in our schools because of its "open" nature. Ah, east coast liberals. :) Saving lives, I tell you!
Post a Comment