Life has been . . . just life lately. Busy with the every day stuff of school, work, church, callings, gymnastics, wrestling, swimming, building a wall, etc.! Here's a little update on us all:
Lucy - she is now in pre-team at gymnastics. Woo-woo! So she goes with Emmy on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-6:30 (although she still has her music classes on Tuesday and so for the time being, she arrives late on Tuesdays for gymnastics). She also gets to go to one Saturday practice a month. She loves school, has a crush on Miguel, and loves her rat.
Emmy - she is in level 4 gymnastics, which means she goes to the gym a lot. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Plus, three Saturdays a month. She still loves it - but isn't happy when she has a bad day. She sometimes gets caught up with the drama that goes on in school with other girls. I just wish she had some nice, non-drama friends! But she's happy, for the most part, with school. She is "going with" some boy named Abriam (sp?) - although I'm not really sure what that means. This boy tends to get in trouble a lot and so the deal with Emmy "going with" him was that he could not get any think-times (like time-out sheets at school). Ha. But the funny thing is that she has a crush not on Abriam but Reggie. But apparently Abriam knows that. All's fair in love and war?!
Jonas - is doing well. I guess he has a "girlfriend." Again, whatever that means. :) Basically it means she talks to him in his Crew class. She tried to sit with him once at lunch but her friends were annoying and so that was the end of that. Yes, I stalked her on facebook and everybody had fun seeing who she is. :) While obviously we aren't promoting serious relationships and dating with our young kids, it's also part of life - girls liking boys and boys liking girls. He had the gall to tell Ben how he was doing things wrong in building the wall. What the what?!
Miles - is in his last season of wrestling. He has no plans to wrestle in high school (Plus, we are seriously thinking of doing a BYU home/online program for high school . . .). He enjoys it - a lot of his friends are doing it - both church and school friends. He stays after school for about 1 1/2 hours every day of the week. It's a lot, I think! But a great thing for him to be involved in. He invited a school-friend to mutual last night and the friend actually came. He (we) always bring Malachi - another friend - to Tuesday's activities and it was pretty cool that he invited another kid, too.
Me - just staying busy with home, church, Girls on the Run, and work. I'm doing an 8-week health challenge, that I started on January 1st. Ben is pretty much doing it with me, too. He has a few more "cheat" days than I do, but not much. The challenge involves eating 2 and 3 servings of fruit and veggies each day, no food after 9 pm (although Ben and I had already decided to do 8pm - except weekend nights), no sweets except for one day a week (yay for FHE treats and chocolate chips on Mondays . . . not a ton, but enough to satisfy me . . .), working out, drinking 8 cups of water, and doing a food journal. It's been good but I've missed my chocolate chips. :) I haven't seen any real weight loss because my body doesn't like to let any of it go.
Ben - finally got a few callings in our ward. He is now the deacon's adviser and scout assistant and Scout Chairman. He's happy about it. He is staying busy with working on the wall and with work in general. He takes Jonas to swimming on Wednesdays and Thursdays nights - Wednesdays he does some weights and swims and on Thursdays he now plays racquetball with a co-worker. Someday Ben will beat him!
The view coming up from the back stair.
Looking down the hallway/wall. The mud is up and so now Ben basically has the trimming to do and painting. It's coming together pretty awesomely!
Brigham - he now has a white tail since, on his way to stare at the rats, he walked by Ben's wet wall and got some mud-splatter on him. He is still quite taken with the rats, but not as much as those first couple of weeks.. But still enough to be considered "excessive."
The rats - they are getting quite large. They still creep me out. But not as much. But I still refuse to be near them when they are out of their cages - or to pet them. The kids sure do enjoy them, though.
There was our January! Time is flying by!
1 comment:
All those crushes! So funny. I need to ask my boys if this is happening, because I just don't hear anything like this. Ha.
Also, January is so boring. :)
Post a Comment