Halloween 2018:
Lucy the scarecrow. A friend was giving away costumes on facebook and we nabbed this one. Lucy is pretty much the most adorable scarecrow I've ever seen. :) I especially love the grass-skirt for a wig (my find at Salvation Army). Perfect!
Emmy the gumball machine! So cute! I couldn't find a red skirt anywhere - but I ended up finding a toddler's dress and just cut off the bodice and wah-lah, a skirt was born! The rest was pretty easy to do!
Miles grabbed a hockey jersey with one-minute to go. :) And that's it for our kids in their Halloween costumes!
Okay, now here is Halloween night:
Tonight Miles decided to go as a miner. Okay! We even had real coal (but it was light) to rub on his face. :) Yes, Miles is probably too old to go trick-or-treating. But I could think of a lot worse things that he, Jonas, and their friends could be doing, so I'm okay with it. That being said, this will be their last year. Next year we plan to set up a movie outside for the boys and their friends to watch.
Emmy was a little worried that kids would make fun of her costume today at school. But I don't think anyone did. The adults all loved it and she told me one of her friends said it was her favorite because it was homemade.
Lucy had a fun day of school. I went in to her class' party this afternoon and it was cute seeing her and her cute classmates dressed up and excited for the day.
We carved our pumpkins today! We had gotten pumpkins at the patch we went to last Saturday - but turns out they are pie pumpkins and impossible to carve! So we girls hopped in the car and luckily Walmart still had a few (slightly getting too old) pumpkins left. I just carved off the tops. The kids did all the rest totally on their own. As you might can tell . . . :)
Jonas and Miles are going with their friends (Miles' age), Michael (the boy with the white whatever on his head - what is he supposed to be?!) and Malachi (the boys with the ridiculous, yet awesome, mask).




1 comment:
I totally agree: I'm totally fine with teenagers trick or treating. Have fun kiddos!
Post a Comment