You've heard me say it before and I'll say it again, KSL gets me in trouble. I don't even know why I looked up cars one day, but I did for fun. I tried to convince Miles to look at Volvos . . . but he likes older, uglier cars. :) His number one car of choice has been a Studebaker. But those either don't drive at all or have been totally restored and so are totally expensive. I found this crazy 1976 Lincoln blah blah blah (Mark IV Gevinchy, or something like that). Miles fell in love with it.
So I had Miles call up his grandparents (after I had given them a heads-up) and ask them if they would check it out. Turns out the gentleman selling the car is in my parents' stake and the car was located in Orem. So on my parents way home from St. George, they met the man and the car. From there, it's history.
Or it was just the beginning and it hasn't ended yet . . .
We met the gentleman and the car as we drove in to Orem that Wednesday afternoon (after a quick stop to the BYU Store). Miles loved it, the rest of the kids loved it. The girls kept asking, "Are you going to buy it?" The gang - minus me, plus the seller - took the car for a little spin around the lot.
Then we bought the car. The deal is this: we will match what Miles saves. He doesn't have his "match" yet and so we loaned him a bit. So really the car is ours until he pays his part. :) But seeing as this was a unique, one-of-a-kind car, we couldn't wait on it until Miles had all the money. (P.S. My parents bought the car much-needed new tires - thanks again!)
Miles in "the boat," as his calls it.
The kids were all so excited about it.
Miles loves the lights (the cover flips up when you turn them on).
Cool girls on a so-ugly-it's-cool car (my opinion).
The interior is all blue. It's pretty cool inside.
But there are a few hiccups . . . a belt and/or hose that needs replaced, etc. Also, it tends to stall. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not as much. We didn't feel too good about driving it home and Ben can do a lot of the work that needs to be done on it - plus, maybe our car-smart family in our ward will help, too.
So currently "the boat" is parked at our friends' house - Christian Sabey. Ben will return as soon as he can with a trailer and bring it home.
I'm sure Miles can't wait!
1 comment:
I can't believe this is happening. Even Ollie said he can't believe Miles has a car. Ha.
Post a Comment