2014

2014

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Emmy's YW projects . . .

As I've mentioned, Emmy is working on earning her YW Personal Progress award. I just want to post a few pictures from the projects she's worked on so I don't forget and so we have documentation on her as well.

She started with the value Faith. After doing the required activities, Emmy began her 10-hour project. She decided to write down all the scriptures about faith in the Book of Mormon. It took her almost exactly 10-hours to complete! She would wake up earlier on school-days to work on it. What a gal.


Divine Nature was next. For Emmy's project, she attended a babysitting class and also planned and prepared a dinner and dessert for the family. She had to decide what to cook ("It's so hard, mom!" "I know, welcome to my life."  :) ), write down everything she needed, go shopping with me, and help make it all. It was a lot of work, she realized. But she liked it, too, of course.

 Emmy at her babysitting class - Safe Sitter. It was put on by our library. It was a lot of lecturing, but some hands-on, too. They got to learn and practice the Heimlich on each other (Emmy's good friend Holly did it with her), plus they worked on baby mannequins as well. They practiced what to do if an infant chokes and some other things (which I can't remember . . .). Emmy said it was fun!

 Emmy received an official certificate - awesome.



Here she is busy peeling butternut squash.  Emmy made tilapia, rice, butternut squash bake, and a strawberry-pretzel thing for dessert. It was all delicious!

Go, Emmy, go!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

I'm so impressed! We'll have to talk in CA about how they're adjusting it (if at all) given the possible change.