2014

2014

Friday, August 16, 2019

Dear Lucy,

Happy birthday Lucy! You still get so excited for your special day - I hope you always will, too! It's sweet and innocent (okay, maybe not so innocent - you know birthday = presents . . .:) ). Your brothers just surprised you tonight with their special gift to you and Emmy - a day at Banana's Fun Park tomorrow. Whoppee. Now if only Miles could drive you all up there on his own, that would be a gift to me. :)

Another year . . . older and wiser, that's for sure. You're learning well in school and continue to love school. You have good friends there and are excited to go back soon and see them all. You like all subjects - although you don't think you are good at math (but you are). Whenever I would go in to your classroom and help out, I would notice how quickly and how well you did your work. You would finish up and then go help your classmates finish up. You're a great student and I know that 3rd grade will be an awesome year for you!

You continue to love gymnastics and playing with friends. Your two favorite past-times. You competed this past year for your first time and it was great watching you! You're an adorable gymnast - and good, too! You make friends easily. For your first gym meet up in Aspen you were competing alone (since your other teammates were competing on Sunday - you got a special allowance). You joined up with another small team of gymnasts and by the end you were chatting it up with them and they were cheering your name as you competed.

Your best-friend at school is a girl named Maddy. She's a twin and her twin's name is Addy. :) (Madison and Addison) She's like you in a lot of ways - cute, smart, active, happy, etc. But there is one difference - a big difference. Maddy is almost as tall as me! A total Mutt and Jeff friendship, for sure.

You continue to live up to being the "baby" of the family (I can say that as I was one, too!). You tend to cry a bit more than we (your family) would like . . . But I can't remember if your siblings were like this at your age, too? I think Miles was more obstinate, Jonas whined a bunch, and Emmy just got mad. So crying is your thing - we all have a "thing." But crying is something I think you will outgrow and so I am not too worried . . . I just hope it happens sooner than later.

You have a ton of other qualities about you that are amazing. Your kindness. Your thoughtfulness. Your friendliness. Your love for others. Your creativity. Your intelligence. Your empathy. Your desire to do good and be good. You are great at being YOU.

And I love YOU.

Happy birthday. I love you more than all the birthdays everyone has ever had . . .

love,
mom