2014

2014

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Quarantined Week 2 (QW2)

Well another week of covid-19 and its effects . . . In some ways, it was a little better. Everyone is a bit more used to the restrictions and receiving new restrictions each day. Thursday, though, was a bit harsh - the whole state was put under "Stay at Home" orders. Which now means that my kids really shouldn't be doing anything - including outdoor activities, which I had previously ok'd - with anyone outside of those they live with. Again, this probably affected Jonas the most. Miles is bummed and wants to see and hang out with his friends - but is kept busy during the day with his classes. It's hard on him, though, having us (or his siblings, really) home all day. Jonas continues to get upset and be angry, but that's nothing too new for him. Of course, these restrictions are hard and I actually do sympathize with him - despite what he thinks. The girls have each other to fight and play with, so that helps. Jonas and Emmy both have quite a lot of "optional" work their teachers are assigning via Google Classrooms. Their homeroom teachers (plus Lucy's teacher, plus one of Miles' teachers) call on a weekly basis to check in.



 On Monday, while I was working, Ben took the kids to Buzzard. The girls made it to the top - the "look-out" point. Awesome! I was super impressed and happy for them, too. Super cool. (The boys went, too, they just didn't stick around with Ben and the girls!)

 We played lots of games this week - each of us having a turn to choose a game. Emmy did some "math" work - figuring out how many candies in each box and then how many each of us would get. Awesome.


 Jonas picked "Apples to Apples" for his game night - fun!

 After work on Tuesday I took the girls on a bike ride. We have a new path in town that is just about all done - it connects the North side of town (a bit more north than we live) to the South side of town (where the Rec. center is). It took us about an hour total, but it was a great ride! We even had to wait for the train on our way back. Super cool.

 We had over-ripe avocados . . . so we decided to make lemonade with our lemons. Or, rather, avocado ice cream with our over-ripe avocados. My family truly loves it - so much that Lucy licked the bowl clean. :)

 For a YW activity, we did a "Cupcake War." My kids delivered supplies to the YW (cupcake mix, cupcake liners, and frosting) and the instructions on Sunday. Then we meet via Zoom on Thursday afternoon to visit and show-off the fun and creative cupcakes. I put up the voting on facebook and two winners were declared. The girls had fun - one of the YW, when I asked what the best thing they've done so far while quarantined, replied, "Make cupcakes!" How cute.

 The boys joined in and decorated one or two themselves. :)

 Emmy's Pot 'O Gold cupcake.

 Emmy's Beach cupcake.

 My Coronavirus with Masked Person cupcakes.

 Swirled cupcakes.

 Miles' Daisy cupcake.

 Lucy's cute and fun "Easter Grass" cupcakes. They actually gave me my inspiration to make the virus cupcakes. I had already decided that's what I wanted to do, I just didn't know how to do it . . . until I saw Lucy's!

Apparently Jonas' cupcake was so ugly he had to eat it right away, before I could get a picture. :)

Bella being spoiled by Jonas.

 Jonas' un-lucky roll at Pass the Pigs (my game of choice). (The other games we played: Ben - Cover Your A$$ets; the girls teamed up and chose Secret Hitler; and Miles' game of choice will be played on Sunday - Monopoly.)

Just this morning (Saturday) we participated in a drive-by parade. A young girl in the stake (we are good friends with the family) had her birthday today. So a drive-by-her-house parade was organized (by her YW leaders, I think). It was cute and fun - and, of course, we had to use Miles' car because it's awesome for parading around . . . (I also told him I would pay for the gas . . . :) ).

My birthday was on Friday and I will post about that on a separate post.

There you have it - QW2.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Bella looks HUGE!

I love both girls' cupcakes, but that beach one was super creative! So cool. I can't even imagine what my boys would do. Haha. Probably oliver would create one with lots of poop. That child.

Hooray for the bike trail!