2014

2014

Saturday, April 04, 2020

Quarantine Week 3 (QW3)

Well another week has gone by. I can tell the weeks, but I certainly cannot tell the days. They all just mesh in to one another . . . Except, I guess, for Mondays and Tuesdays as I am usually working those days. The kids are doing just fine. Jonas helped out Ben A LOT this week in the backyard and so that kept Jonas' frustrations at bay for the most part. Miles continues to get distracted having everyone home. Emmy does "hangouts" with her friends sometimes. Lucy did cry this week - about missing gymnastics.

Here is our week in pictures:
 March 2020 - notice all the "x" marks on the calendar. Yup.

 Me at work on Monday, having to wear a mask, of course. I hate them. I can't breathe hot CO2 all day - it literally makes me sick. So I was sneaking fresh air quite a lot. . . I would say almost all of my day is taken up sanitizing after every patient. We see patients every 15 minutes so I feel like I am pretty much sanitizing all the time. It literally gives me very little time for . . . anything else.

Jonas' "PE" on Monday was playing pickleball with Ben. Since tennis courts are closed (don't get me started . . . ), we improvised. They had fun!
The gang after picking up lunch from Northside.

The girls added "Doubles-Yoga" to their PE time. :)

Oh, yes, then this happened while I was at work - but Farmer Ben did text me about it. Yep, chickens! Unfortunately Lucy's died that night (the heat lamp went out for some reason) - but it was a weakling, really, anyways - and so she got a new one the next day. I think Miles' died the following day (it's typical for chicks - in fact, when you go to buy them at the store, there are a few dead ones in the boxes. . .). But now all the chicks seem alive, healthy, and well. Here are the names of the chicks from oldest owner (Ben) to youngest owner (Lucy). Yes, they got me one, too. Peggy, Corona, Princess Fluffy Butt, Penny, Princess Nora, and Lulu Jr. (I think).

 I took the kids mountain biking again. We went to them top - so awesome! Miles did a big loop in an amazingly short time. That kid is getting fast! Jonas and Miles saw a couple friends (brothers, same age as our boys) and biked with them for a bit - albeit maintaining the proper social distance. . .

 The YW challenge (activity) for the week was taking some specific selfies and creating an infomercial. Miles thought the YM should join, so we invited them as well. Not many YM ended up doing it - it was like pulling teeth to even get Miles to do it, ha. This was "selfie with your name spelled out with kitchen utensils." (Although not really a selfie . . . )

 Selfie with something that smells good. :) (Emmy didn't know quite where to look when taking a selfie - cute.)

 Jonas had gotten a fun book for his birthday way back in December - something about backyard ballistics . . . So he started making a potato gun, but then didn't finish it for some reason. But he finally had the time (!) and finished it up. We went one evening and it shot once - maybe just 20 feet. The next time he shot it, a critical piece (don't ask me what - something like the igniter?) broke off. Jonas was crushed and we went back home. Luckily, it was a simple fix.

 So we went out the next day (which was freezing and snowing!) to give it another try. And boy does that thing shoot potatoes! Hundreds and hundreds of feet! It's pretty cool and Jonas is super-stoked about it.

One night we introduced our dogs to the chicks. The dogs are super intense about the birds. Again, I am pretty sure Bella would eat one and Brigham not. I want to sacrifice my chick to experiment what the dogs would actually do if let loose with them, but nobody will let me . . .

 Bella!

Brigham!

Farmer Ben and Jo worked, like I said, hard on the backyard. They worked on getting the fence up for our garden, as well as fixing the chicken coop and creating a chicken run area. They pretty much finished it up on Friday - now Farmer Ben is working on tilling the dirt.
 Looks good! Jonas built this gate.

 You can sort of see the chicken coop in the back corner.

 So Friday it was time for the chickens to go in to their permanent home. Brigham spends a lot of time now staring at them through the door. Bella once went under the coop and got stuck and cried, ha! Ben put a bunch of rocks under and Bella hasn't tried to do it again . . .

 Miles and his chick.

There they are inside their coop all cozy and warm.

We ended the week with watching General Conference. It's nice to step away from all the Covid stuff . . . 
 I played around with Emmy's hair . . .

 Pretty . . .

We saw youth give talks for the very first time at General Conference - so cool!

The kids' informercials:


(Make sure your volume is up - it's a little hard to hear.)


And now potato gun videos:



Then End of QW3.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

1. I crossed off everything in my calendar that covid-19 killed with RED pen. haha. it's pretty dramatic.

2. Looks like at least some things are happening. Yea! It's still just so hard for the kids.

3. SACRIFICE YOUR CHICK.