Six weeks . . . wow. That's a long time. But another long time - 5 months. That's how long "school break" will be - as long as they start back in the fall at their scheduled start date. Sure, they have "remote learning." But it's not the same - frankly, not even close to the same. It's just sad. But we've been doing well and are enjoying life as much as you can during this time.
My pictures are all randomized - which is frustrating and I am unsure why my computer does that? But I am too lazy right now to fix it. So here we go:
Lucy's school had a "Spirit Week." Monday - Thursday was a different day and you were to take a picture and send it to one of the staff. She, then, compiled the photos and made a video from each day. It was cute (and actually I had sent the school the idea . . . yep, pat my back). This day with "Northside Pride day."
How Jonas does church.
The chickens are doing well and are venturing out of their coop more and more. As you can see, it's great entertainment for Brigham and Bella. Bella goes nuts and tries to eat them through the chicken wire. Brigham just intensely stares.
My sister rocks! She sent me this adorable hat! It makes me so happy! What a fun surprise from an awesome sis.
The girls still do their gymnastics . . .
Pet Day for Spirit Week.
Nice form Emmy!
Whatcha Reading Spirit Day.
(Dark picture, sorry) One evening Ben and I were dropping off dinner at a ward family's home and the boys were out mowing, so I had asked the girls to get dinner ready. It was a simple one, luckily, and one they love: Frank & Beans with cornbread. Lucy was in charge of the cornbread and Emmy the F & Bs. It turned out great and was a delicious dinner!
How the dogs spend their time when the chicks come out.
The sister missionaries (from the branch) asked to host our YW virtual activity for the week. What cute sisters we have!
Jump-roping time!
The girls had fun with "photography" -
As Ben begins a more regular/full-time schedule this Monday, I thought we should do one more adventurous activity. I had heard about this mountain biking area and friends had told me it was cool. So, even though it's a 2 1/2 drive from our home (what else are we doing anyway?!), I decided we would do it. Everyone but Jonas had a great time! The boys rode together and I went with the girls. Apparently Jonas complained the whole time and made some statement along the lines of "Only people who want to die do this." He's ridiculous, to put it nicely (which I usually don't).
We started off doing the 8-mile Boggy Draw loop. The boys kept having to wait for the girls, so I just told Ben to go off with them. No need to make them drive for 5+ hours and then have to putt around on their bikes. So off they went and off we went. Boggy Draw was great - a fun rolling ride.
It was a perfect day for the outdoors!
We met up with the boys as they were finishing up from their break after Boggy Draw and were heading out on another loop. They did part of the Maverick and Italian Canyon loop. Awesome. (Jonas' smile is fake I tell you!)
Our plans changed a bit as it was a little tough for the girls (mainly Lucy). We made it out to a view point and then headed back (instead of doing a longer loop). As we went back, I realized how it had been a good and steady incline pretty much the whole time - so my girls had been troopers for sure! The going back was much easier . . .
Then we splurged and drove to Cortez for a Sonic dinner! I have never eaten there! Ben maybe? Miles had a milkshake once. Everyone else, nope. So it was quite exciting. We weren't the only ones with the idea of eating at Sonic. . . but we chilled in the car, ate our food, then ordered fun drinks/shakes and headed back home. We had left at 11:15 that day (we would have gone earlier, but Miles didn't want to miss his seminary's Zoom at 10) and got home at about 9:15. So it was a good escape from our house for a day!

















1 comment:
Nice! As much as I want to complain about this stupid pandemic, there really is much good.
This sentence: Everyone but Jonas had a great time! HAHA. Isn't that pretty much his entire life right now?!
UGH. That biking day seems perfect! I think we've only done Sonic once. There's one about 40 minutes north of us.
Post a Comment