2014

2014

Saturday, May 02, 2020

QW7

Well. . . not much "new news" to report on. I worked my Monday and Tuesday shifts. Ben started back full-time at the surgery center; it was a pretty typical case-load for the week, so that was interesting and good. Ben was also on-call at the hospital this weekend and has already been called in twice - the first time he's been called in during this pandemic. There is talk about our hospital not being able to recover their losses (basically shut-down their only money-making side of things - surgery - for a "surge" that never came) and going under. I can't imagine the hospital being abandoned, but possibly bought-out? Luckily Ben works full-time at the surgery center! We are blessed, indeed. In fact at the hospital cases today, Ben saw such a lack of measures being taken and precautions in place it was actually a joke. I mean, I get blasted from the hospital to wear a mask (which I only do at work), yet they don't have their staff wear the appropriate mask for one of the greatest risk procedures related to coronavirus (intubation, which is an aerosolizing procedure, which means it's a high-risk when dealing with covid-patients . . . ). This whole pandemic is so weird and just so full of so many inconsistencies and ironies. 

So, anyways, the kids are up to the normal stuff - although we have done some increased "outdoor gatherings" with friends. Maintaining a number of 10 (or close enough) and under. The girls and I met up with a friend and her kids (two of which are some of my girls' closest friends) at the bike path and rode to a park - where we had a picnic, played on hammocks, the girls went on a little "hiking adventure," etc. The friends came over and played outside at our house for a while afterwards. It was much needed for us all! Jonas went running and biking with Aiden a few times. Both boys and Aiden went on a great bike ride this afternoon (Saturday).

Pictures from Quarantine Week Seven:
My sister organized a church meeting for my parents, her family, and my family. It was awesome. The kids all gave talks. Miles probably needs the most help in writing/giving talks . . . (We didn't help any of our kids, but after listening to them all, I realized Miles needs to practice a whole lot more . . . :) )

Lucy's "first" talk in "sacrament meeting." She spoke on families and did a good job.

Bella fell asleep during our "Come Follow Me" study-time. Silly girl.

Monday was our 18th wedding anniversary! Yay! We celebrated by . . . working. :) We did meet up on our way home from work and rode home together. We also ordered some yummy Indian food from Guru's for our dinner and our whole family loved it. Emmy made us her delicious chocolate lava cakes. Yum. I had made a Kahoot (on online game) for the kids all about Ben and myself - it was fun! Miles took 1st, Jonas 2nd, Emmy 3rd, and Lucy 4th. We told Lucy she was last because she's lived the shortest with us! I had some fun questions that the kids had no idea. Such as, "Ben's first job after he and mom got married was . . . " Answer choices: Working at St. Mary's hospital, Working at Big-O Tires, Selling shaved-ice, Working at BYU's Auto Shop. The correct answer? Big-O tires. I don't think any kid got that one, ha.

We "helped" a lady in our ward pack her U-haul as she's moving to St. George. But, truthfully, it was 99% done when I finally got off work and so all we did was take her practically new, but not fitting in the U-haul, patio furniture. My kids, girls especially, love it. Emmy and Lucy did their school work the next morning out on it. :)

Lucy's doing her screen time tonight out there . . .

They ate dinner that very night on it. (I was participating in a ZOOM meeting - in which our stake girls camp got canceled, boohoo.)

Ben built the pergola recently and we added the lights. So fun.

Miles' doodling that he made in to a card for one of his HS classes.


I dyed Emmy's hair on Friday night! I think it turned out okay! Emmy loves it and so that's good. It really looks better in real-life.

Not too much going on. . .

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Oh man, so glad Ben's not at the hospital. How scary for those that are.

The patio furniture looks AMAZING! I refuse to buy any because I think our rain (UGH so much rain!!!) and humidity would kill anything we bought. Send Ben to make a pergola for us, please.

Miles' artwork was awesome!

Obviously I love the green ends. Does Lucy want to go something now too? I need to redo my pink.