2014

2014

Saturday, May 09, 2020

QW8

Wow, it's been almost 2 months since school was in session - at school. Crazy. Now the kids are almost done! They (well everyone but Miles) have to turn in their iPads and work this coming week. So they are pretty much done . . . which is weird. I mean, you (meaning the school district, not you) don't do anything for the first 4 weeks of quarantine and then you quit by May 8th. Lame and shame on you. Not that "remote learning" had much "learning" involved . . . but it at least kept the kids busy if nothing else. I've already gotten a thousand "I am bored!" "Why can't we" ________ (fill in the blank), etc's. Yep, it will be a long summer.

I mean, I've enjoyed this "break," too, and it has had some redeeming qualities. Still, I (and my kids) pretty much feel like we've had 2 months of summer . . . and now we have 3 more ahead of us.

Okay, enough of that.

This week contained its usual of work for Ben and myself, bike rides, runs, playing at Taviwach with Csilla's kids and the such. The boys have about 6-7 regular lawn jobs - bimonthly at this point, but will be weekly at some point. They have gotten aeration jobs as well. So they are making money and making Emmy jealous. She wishes she could work and earn money! But I am not sure babysitting is quite "legal"? Hopefully soon.

Pics:
Emmy participating in a Zoom class meeting - on the slack-line. Because, why not?

 Lucy crashed her bike in our alley way and got a gnarly scrape on her arm. Welcome to childhood Lucy!

 Dumb picture, but these are my tomato plants - pretty much my contribution to Farmer Ben's garden. We just planted them in the ground tonight . . . fingers crossed they survive!

It was Teacher Appreciation week and so Lucy and I went and hung-up balloons at the school. The teachers were all going to be there this past week and so that worked out well. On Friday Lucy, Emmy, and I drove a card and gift-card out to two of Lucy's teachers. We talked to Mrs. Reich for quite a long time - it was lovely. Lucy loves her so much and so it was so good to have some time chatting with her!

 I took the kids mountain biking at the RAT (Ridgway Area Trails) on Friday afternoon (after spending over an hour helping Miles patch the 4 holes in his 2 tires . . . so lame). The girls did pretty great. We rode the loop twice on "Plaugeground" and I thought it was an aptly-titled trail for this time in our lives. :) It's a fun ride and I was validated on taking my girls on it with their "Weeeee's." Then I was unvalidated when Lucy had a fall (not a big one and, luckily, in the soft sandy part) and cried and cried. But she did the loop again with no falls and no crying - success.

 The boys hung out on their own and rode down a favorite trail, Ratical. Rad.

 The girls' note to try and convince Ben and myself to get them a pool. Really, we just don't have the space for it. But cute note. Oh, and it makes me sound like an awful mother who doesn't want her kids around. I do, just not home full-time for 5-months of the year. Mainly because it's hard on them the kids. They get bored and I have to say "No" to so many things during this quarantine. :(

 Friday night at the Drive-In! It finally opened in our town and so we sent our kids to it on Friday night. Ben and I wanted to finish up the last 2-hours of Poldark and so that was our "date" as the kids enjoyed their night out on the town. Although, of course, it was a little different at the Drive-In - everyone had to stay in their cars/trucks (usually you can sit in the back of a truck, on camping chairs, in the trunk of your car, etc.), windows up, had to call if you need to use the bathroom, etc. But, still, it was fun to get out and do something!

The girls enjoyed their lunch (using some of their gift-card money from Christmas) at Crash Burger on Saturday afternoon. Fun!

Yay for something and some fun week 8.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

I can't believe your school is already done! That's insane. Oh yes, the heartbreak of not having a pool. We have space, but don't want to spend the money and energy it would take to get the permit done.