2014

2014

Saturday, May 09, 2020

2020 Family 5K

Well since life is shut down, there was not GOTR race this year. So, we did our own. Nothing fancy, unless you count post-race skittles. :) Emmy and I ran once a week together, and then Emmy would usually do another shorter run or 2 during the week. Jonas "trained" sporadically for it with Aiden. Miles decided to run it the night before - without ever having run more than 2 miles (and that was back in the 8th grade).

And Miles took 1st. Of course. That's how life usually works, right?! It was great, though, and everyone did awesome. I was proud of Miles, Jonas, and Emmy. Lucy and Ben were our cheerleaders - they rode their bikes and would cheer for us at various points on the route. (We did the same GOTR route they always do.)

 Ready to go . . .

Jonas running over the bridge - maybe about the half-way mark?

 Emmy and I on it. Miles had already passed this point a minute or to before.

 Go, go Miles!

 All done! Awesome! It was a beautiful morning for it. Official times: Miles - 24:52, Jonas - 26:15, Emmy - 26:25, Me - 27:00. (Emmy and I pretty much ran the whole thing together. And I was pushing Emmy - myself, too - because I knew she wanted a better time than our last "training" run. On the way back over the bridge I encouraged her to "push it" and she kicked it up a notch. I was already pushing it and so I stay a bit behind . . . :) )

A Fun Family Five-K. 

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Who took all the pictures?! This is such a fun idea. Way to go Maxwells! Except Miles. It still makes me mad. :)