2014

2014

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Idaho and Yellowstone!

 So I am way far behind in my posting . . . so I am just going to copy and paste what I posted on my Facebook/Instagram posts. (Maybe it's time I transition from my blog and use Instagram and Chatbooks . . . we'll see.)

MONDAY:
Love me some Idaho!! A fantastic day of running in one of the earth’s most beautiful places, hiking to the fire tower, hiking up the 90-foot tower for most (someone has to stay below to get pics 😉), floating the Henry’s Fork, seeing 2 moose, roasting hot dogs, and getting some down-time in, too.










TUESDAY:
A good day in Yellowstone = seeing animals, seeing weird yet awesome geothermal wonders, being with family, getting exhausted. Check, check, check, and check.


(Lucy was missing 2 weeks of softball, so she practice a tiny bit with Ben. :) )











WEDNESDAY:
Another great day in Idaho. It started off with Ben, Miles, and I encountering a bear on our morning hike. I don’t have a picture because I was too busy running the other way, ha. Then we headed south and visited BYU-I. We picked up our nephew/cousin Sam and made our way down to The Edge climbing gym - an extremely cool gym owned by Ben’s cousin. After climbing we ate at  a favorite place of Ben’s: Mo’Bettah. So good! And such another fun day.









THURSDAY:
Yellowstone day #2 critters seen: a bunny, elk, crows, a snake, a marmot, bison, and too-many horrible mosquitoes. Ben doesn’t joke when it comes to Yellowstone and had us all up at 5am to get going! We ended the day (at 11pm) with a fun and funny show at The Playmill in West. A long day, but a great day!
(Ugh, I can't get it centered and it sort of drives me nuts . . . )






We hiked to Lone Star Geyser.  It was a beautiful hike! Unfortunately, we didn't time it right (it's not a popular geyser and so we couldn't find any official times for eruptions - until we got up to it and checked out the log-book) and landed right about in the middle of its 3-hour eruption window. We missed it by 90 minutes . . . or were 90 minutes too early. Some of us would have waited, but others didn't want to. Next time, we'll bring a lunch and have a picnic if we have to wait. It was really cool - but would have been so much cooler to see it erupt! Next time!




FRIDAY:
Our last full-day in Idaho - boohoo. The big event of the day was the side-by-side we rented. The kids had a blast. The boys went on quite the ride together (2+ hours) and loved it. Ben and I and the girls floated the river again - and Emmy got to prove to Jonas that she, too, could do a black-flip off the rope. We had an epic rainstorm - but even that didn’t stop Jonas from riding the side-by-side. We ended the day with a delicious dinner and another funny play. Good times indeed!!




















1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Macks is the best!