I wasn't planning on a hike, but luckily some friends were and invited me along. Fall hiking is so lovely. Cooler weather and beautiful colors. I love wildflowers, but I also love the changing of colors. I had not hiked this one - Hope Lake, near Telluride. Compared to my last hike, this one felt so short - just under 6 miles. It was a lovely day.
Myself, Jaymie, and Heather (Brittany took the picture).Then today was another XC meet - and tears again. :) Tears of pain. But it was worth it - Emmy placed 6th out of 64 girls. The top 10 received medals and so that was exciting. 8 of the top 10 were from the Montrose team - they are one strong, fast bunch of girls. Both the girls and boys teams took first place. One of Emmy's best-friends (on the team, but goes to the other middle school) is always a few seconds in front of her - which she was until just 50 yards from the finish where she (Millie) ended up barfing. It slowed her down, but luckily Millie still placed in the top 10 as well! Go girls!










1 comment:
It still feels like summer here. :( But hooray for you!
Post a Comment