2014

2014

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Miles' first day as an Adult

Well I think Miles' first day of adulthood was a tad routine. Which sounds about right for adults! He got up, went to seminary, came home and worked on school, went to school for lunch and classes, hung out with a couple of girls after school, took Nia (sp?) (a girl from his climbing team) to the climbing wall in Olathe (I'll call it a date, but it wasn't, but should be ha), came home way past his expected arrival time, made his mom mad (see previous point), ate his classic birthday dinner of elk pasties and creamed leeks, opened gifts, ate monkey bread and homemade ice cream, and finished the day with some weird but oddly good movie of his choosing - something something and The Ten Rings. 

And there you have it - Miles' first day as an Adult. :)

Miles' good friend from Germany (whom we met over Christmas break), Melody, sent Miles a wonderful birthday package. Full of fun treats, Harry Potter bracelets for all the kids, etc. She drew this picture of Miles. Pretty darn awesome!

Haha, I don't have a lot of pictures, so I'll include this one. Elk Pasties. It's an easy recipe, but does take some time making. But they really are delicious. Too bad we only eat them once a year (although ground elk is expensive, so it's probably not too bad). I think even when Miles is gone, we should still eat elk pasties and creamed leeks (sooooo good) for dinner on March 9th. :)

We ate monkey bread with homemade vanilla ice cream for his "cake and ice cream." It was scrumptious. 

Miles got a few "big" gifts from us. He got a new and cool backpack - much needed. It will be good for college, plus also day-adventure trips. Then he got some "money" to be used for purchasing a suit. Man they are expensive! His first question after seeing this gift was, "Can I buy a yellow one?" The answer was yes and no. Yes with your own money. No with this money. :) His last big gift was a long-weekend trip with his mom and dad to somewhere of his choosing in the continental US (and perhaps Mexico or Canada). Fun! I came up with that a bit ago for all of our kids when they turn 18. At first I said just Ben will go with the boys and I with the girls. But then I thought this would be a great trip for us as parents to spend one-on-one with our child and neither of us should miss out, so now we'll both go. Yay. We'll see where he chooses . . . With Miles, I am sure it will be interesting . . . 

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

happy happy birthday miles! being an adult is awesome and terrible. :)