Miles sends out a letter/email about once a month and so here is his latest:
"Well snap it's been another six weeks or something like that so I decided it's time to let people know that I am in fact alive and thriving in Mexico!
First of all I've got to say that I absolutely love this country! Mexico is super fun and the people are even better! From what I've been told, the city where I'm living right now (Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes) is rather nice and clean compared to other parts of Mèxico, and that the people here are generally more calm and relaxed. The only thing people complain about to me is the food, as they tell me it's very bland compared to the rest of Mexico. Well I'm not from Oaxaca (where apparently the food is better) so I'm happy with the food. Actually we do have one thing here that not many other parts in Mexico have, Chaska Fruitas!! They're made from frozen fruit and yogurt right in front of you and are soooo good! Well now that I think about it there is one thing that the bothers me about the food, the fact that we always get fed too much. We're in a nicer area and the people here love to feed us, every day. But it's always way too much food and now I never eat anything except once a day. But it's nicer than not having food. Anyway it's really fun here! My last companion got moved away from me three weeks earlier than normal because he went to go be secretary for the entire mission. So now my companion is a native Mexicano, and only speaks pure Spanish (other than insults in English). But surprisingly I haven't have any problem communicating with him, even tho I think my spanish is pretty trash. And I know why this is, it's because I read a chapter of the Book of Mormon in spanish each day. Now does the book really give me powers? No, it's God because he sees my effort and is helping me, but do you know what the book can do? Bring you much closer to Christ and help you feel the spirit. So you know, if you're ever feeling down, read the scriptures, Jesus is always there for you! But anyway, I'm doing great here and am loving my life in mexico!!! Here's some pics!"
And now on to the random pictures he sends, haha:

.jpeg)



.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment