2014

2014

Friday, August 16, 2024

Happy Birthday Goose!


Happy birthday Lucy - also known as "Luce," "Goose," and "Loosey-Goosey." 14 years young today . . . but old to you, I guess. It's not so much that you're fourteen now, it's more that you're now in high school. That's what's crazy! You actually started high school at age 13 seeing as you are one of the youngest in your grade and school started super-duper early this year! You were definitely one of the youngest and shortest freshman there. :) Your first day of orientation included A LOT of, "Oh are you a Maxwell!?" comments from the teachers and staff there. Haha. And I think every single one of your teachers this year has had at least one of your siblings - which is a good thing, even for those connected to Jonas, ha! The teachers all enjoyed your siblings and are happy to have you in their classes. Here's to a great year Lucy - both your year-of-14 and your freshman year!

You are well into teenage-hood now. Gone are the sweet and innocent days of Lucy and here are the teenage-attitude years . . . mixed in with a bit of sweetness. :) You are growing up and are developing your own personality and your own ideas and your own sass. Yep, you've got plenty of that, too! It's not just Emmy these days . . . haha.

You are a good and smart student and I hope that continues. High school gets a bit tougher and you are in a lot of honors classes and so I hope you can arise to the occasion - I KNOW you can; I just HOPE you do! You have a lot of friends, but your best-friends at the moment are Lila (who lives in Utah but you two get together several times a year and act as if no time at all has passed) and Ruby N. They are fun friends and I am so glad you have them!

You like to be busy - usually busy with friends. Definitely not busy with cleaning up/doing chores. (You used to be so good with keeping your things picked up . . . now, not so much. Your room might look clean (don't look under the bed), but the closet you share across the hall with dad is always in chaos and the hallway itself is a mess ("But my room is clean!"). As soon as you came back from YW camp (getting anywhere from 2-4 hours of sleep at night), you started prepping your room to paint. You were devastated (in a bad, not sad, way) that dad and I wouldn't begin painting your room at 8pm that night . . . I helped you the next day and dad did the finishing touches later that week. And you got a new look to your room - created and designed by you (and Pinterest). All white walls (no more kiddie-cute green and yellow) and we pulled out your carpet (stunk like Bella pee . . . :( ). You wanted a crate-bed and so dad and I (mainly dad) made one for you. It's a different room, but definitely has YOU written all over it. Teenage YOU that is. :) I like it!

You had a great season in gymnastics in your first year as a Platinum-level gymnast. You pulled off a back-handspring on the beam and managed your fly-aways from the bar and performed well at all your meets. You went to state and did so well - including a 7th all-around placement! Go you! You tried a new sport this year - track. You made some mistakes (ahem, hand-off temper-tantrum), but overall did a fantastic job - especially for your first year of it! You were fast at the 100 meter sprint and was always in the top-4. You participated in relays (earning 1st) and the long-jump as well. It was a great experience in many ways and now you are planning on doing it in high school.

You are a confident and intelligent and good girl. You are generally upbeat and positive about life. I know you will be successful in whatever you put your mind and heart into - be that interior design, architect, or in the Air Force (all ideas you've had). Your future is bright and I am happy to be along for the ride  and to watch and help you learn and grow into all you can do and be.

I love you - even the teenage you. So much. So very much. :)

Love,

mom

No comments: