Tuesday was a busy day and by the end, I was exhausted! We started out meeting up on campus a little after 9 or so. Jonas had picked up Gabe and he hung out with us for a little bit. Gabe and Jonas found their math class - which they have the same class and same teacher, but different time. Then Jonas and I went to find his diesel mechanics classes/labs. It took a lot of walking around the campus, but we found it. Basically a big garage with engines, cars, etc. and classrooms in the perimeter. We eventually found someone - and he turned out to be the instructor. He seems really nice and told us that UVU's diesel program has been in the top-10 for the past 20 years (excepting two years) and so that was cool to learn. He let us drive up my car and enter the garage area so we could drop off Jonas' 200+ pound tool box, plus tools. That was a relief to get rid of that! After that, Jonas and I checked out a few other places on campus.
By about noon, we were done trekking all over campus. It was hot outside and so I was hot. We ran over to Jonas' apartment to drop off some meat - Jonas bought a ton of meat from some truck vendor in Montrose! We filled up the freezer with the meat and Jonas was pretty embarrassed . . . but what can you do!? The apartment has 2 fridges w/ freezers so I think there will be space for the other 5 guys. I don't think I ever kept much in the freezer when I was going to college. . .
Anyways, after that we met up with our favorite Sister Missionary, Blythe. :) She's the best and she got us delicious food at where she works - Ono's Malasadas. I got a kalua sandwich and it was delicious. We caught up with Blythe and just had a good visit. So love her.
From there we ran all over Provo to Orem and back to Provo again. We had to stop at several hardware stores to get a few more of the tools Jonas needed. Then we went to a Super Target (fun!) and got some basic kitchen needs, bedroom needs, and food. It was a lot and it cost a lot. Aiyiyi. Then we went to his apartment and moved all his stuff in! I met his roommate and he seems like a nice and cool kid. I met maybe one or two others real briefly and they all seem nice. Jonas thinks the same - that they are all nice. Yay.
After that I left Jonas. It was a bit sad . . . I mean, Jonas is hardly ever home when he's living at home, but still... I think he was both excited and a bit nervous. His instructor told him that it's a difficult course load and will entail a lot of homework. Jonas can intellectually handle that - but he didn't quite master those skills in high school and so there might be a bit of an adjustment! But I think he'll do great and I am excited for his college years!




No comments:
Post a Comment