2014

2014

Sunday, December 29, 2024

A Jonas Update

Jonas doesn't send me too many pictures and I am not on Snapchat so I don't "see" him a lot . . . but I scrounged up a few. But Jonas seems to be doing well, considering his circumstances! It's pretty boring where he is for a 19-year old young man, but he seems to be making the most of it and has a pretty upbeat attitude for the most part.

He started out with a less-than-idea roommate, but finally got a new one. One within about 5 years of his age (as opposed to 20 years older) - among the many, many other positive qualities this new roommate has that the old one was lacking . . . 

Jonas bought a really nice mountain bike. He's been interested in Commencal bikes every since he was a young teenager and he finally bought himself one. There are actually some designated biking trails where he is and so he's gotten out and has had a good time. A medic out there has a bike, too, and I think they have gone out a few times together.

Honestly, I don't know what I can and can't say on here . . . Jonas was given pretty strict orders. So, actually, I am only going to post one picture - the others include other people and so I should probably not include them.

Jonas was pretty involved in preparing and making the food for both Thanksgiving day and Christmas. He was thoroughly disappointed in the sweet potato casserole and so he asked for my recipe and made a much better version a few days later. Awesome. I'll post that picture, too, ha.

He gets out on the weekends sometimes and goes shopping, maybe attends a YSA ward, etc. 

He's growing a mustache in case you're wondering. :)

All in all, he's doing alright! We love and miss him, but hope he can learn and grow and mature and figure out the answers to life from his experiences. :)

Looks sooooo good! Nice job.

His Christmas gift . . . Not sure when I'll stop giving my boys Legos . . . 

So cool and so different!

No comments: