2014

2014

Wednesday, May 21, 2025

Mothers' Day in Midway

Well I went to Midway and treated my mom to a few fun things in honor of Mothers' Day. Which meant, of course, that I was spoiled along the way, too, ha. Perfect planning on my part - a definite win-win. 

I headed to Utah on Thursday and was able to attend a temple session in Orem and that was nice. The flowers were in full bloom and just gorgeous. 



When I got to Midway we had a nice dinner at home and then my mom and I enjoyed a beautiful walk.

On Friday, I took my mom to get a pedicure - it's been many years for her since she had one last, so that was fun. It had probably been a couple of years for me, so fun for me too. :) After that, we got our favorite fish tacos at a joint in Heber. Sooooo good!! We did a bit of thrift shopping and found a couple of items. Fun. :) That afternoon we went on a "short drive" in my dad's toy. It was well over an hour, but it was enjoyable. I saw lots of huge houses and amazing new neighborhoods in Midway and just couldn't figure out how so many people make so much money and what, exactly, are they are doing to make so much money?! It's really crazy. We got pizza from a local pizza shop, The Pizza Yard, and it was delicious. We had another enjoyable walk around the ever-pretty Midway. We also played Scrabble, in which my mom went on to beat me and my dad (but I will say I was fairly close . . . ). 

We didn't have much plans for Saturday, but it ended up being another great day. I had a temple dress I had bought months and months ago that I needed to exchange. So my mom and I drove to Provo and had fun walking on the BYU campus. I got my dress exchanged for the right size and a few other items at the BYU store. Including the beloved chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, haha. We went to the Creamery and got some yummy ice cream. Even though campus was dead and it was a random time in the middle of the day, plenty of people (as always!) were there! It was fun being on campus with my mom, even though it was so hot (like 80). :) We ended the night with a delicious dinner at one of their favorite places, The Hub. Then, once back home, I taught my mom how to make rhubarb pie - crust and all (including fresh rhubarb from our garden).

On Sunday we worked more on the puzzle my mom had started. We had done a bit here and there the past couple of days, but spent some solid time on Sunday morning working on it. It was a tough one for sure! I also helped my mom rotate her mattress and pin the bedskirt - it was my service act for Mothers' day. :) We got ready for church and had a nice Mother's day at church and got some chocolate, etc. :) Then we had decided I would make - with my mom's help, of course - this yummy vegetable lasagna recipe that my family and I love! It's a lot of work, but turned out delicious. :) We got to chat with Miles and that was a lot of fun. Plus, we enjoyed our rhubarb pie as it turned out so good! We played another game of Srabble and let's just say . . . I crushed my parents. My mom doesn't lose often and so it was quite the feat, ha! Overall, it was a nice day for sure.

On Monday morning, after my run, my mom and I finished the puzzle - yay! Then I headed out, stopping at a thrift store and for frozen yogurt in Orem on my way. It was a lovely trip and I was glad I could hang out with my mom - and my dad, too! :)

No comments: