June was a busy month for the girls - Lucy especially. The second week of June, Lucy and I headed to Utah to take her to FSY (For Strength of Youth) at BYU. We drove over to my parents' home on Sunday and then I dropped Lucy off on Monday morning. She spent the whole week there, staying at the dorms in Helaman Halls (Taylor Hall - my freshman dorm!). Lucy roomed with her bestie Lila and they had the best week. Lucy loved it. :) I drove back on Friday (after working all week) and picked her up early (7am early) on Saturday and we drove home.
Lucy got to meet one of her favorite LDS "celebrities" - Brad Wilcox. :)Emmy spent an afternoon making these adorable and delicious "taco" cookies. So cute! Sugar cookie, "folded" into a taco-shape, crumbled brownies for the meat, shredded coconut dyed orange (cheese) and green (lettuce) and red candies for tomatoes. So fun!
Mid-month, the girls had YW camp and Emmy actually agreed to go - I think it had been four years . . . The girls went up a day late (because 1. They wanted to and 2. Emmy wanted to celebrate Aidan's birthday) and drove themselves up to the Skalla Ranch - almost 2 hours away. They stayed in a nice cabin on a lake. "Lake day" turned in to cabin-day as it was sooooo windy (super windy down here as well), but the girls had a great, great time! My girls and all the YW loved it. I don't think they did too much (ha), but they enjoyed the devotionals, girl time, chill time, sunning time, hang-out time, and the testimony meeting the last night.
(Just some random pictures I got . . . )
At church the following Sunday, all the YW got up and shared a favorite "fun" thing they did, as well as their favorite "spiritual" thing at camp. Lucy didn't prepare notes, but shared her things and giggled a lot and bragged to the ward how the bishop said the spiritual feeling at testimony meeting was quite unlike anything he'd experienced with the YM. Lucy . . . ha.
Emmy wrote out her talk and for fun, I am going to post it here. I think she did a great job and she got up and delivered it so confidently:
Fun times!
I actually went on a hike with some other ladies - sadly only my 2nd of the summer season. And I've been paying for it the whole week after, ha. We hiked to Navajo lake - 10 1/2 miles and 3,000 elevation gain. It was a doozy but oh-so-beautiful.
So long June!





No comments:
Post a Comment