2014

2014

Saturday, August 16, 2025

Happy Birthday Lucy

Dear Lucy,

Well I am out of practice for writing birthday letters on my blog because it's been almost a year since I've done one! (My last letter is when you're 18 . . . so the boys are all done . . . so it was just you girls last August that I did last . . . )

And your 15th birthday is almost done - about 50 minutes left of the day. And I've seen you for about 30 minutes of it! You had a busy day with Patton and his family and so hopefully you had a great day.

You've had a big year - including starting high school. You seemed to have done really well with getting into the high school spirit! You were nominated for Homecoming Royalty (I can't remember if it's Homecoming Queen or if that's just the seniors), along with your boyfriend Patton. Patton ended up winning the guys and unfortunately you did not win for the girls. But you won in just getting the nomination and so it was all good.

You loved going to football games and really any other games that friends were going to - basketball, volleyball, etc. You had lots of friends, but your favorite was/is Ruby. You didn't hang out with your friends on the weekends (except for Ruby) as much as you did in your 8th grade year, but you had lots of friends at school and still did plenty of hanging out.

You were invited to be part of the dancers for a friend's quinceanera - but then got fired for missing one or two practices once summer began (even though you and Patton had gone to practices for months before . . . ). 

You did pretty well in your classes, although there's always room for improvement, right!?

You did track and were on the varsity squad. Which was cool, but also not. It meant you were running against the best of the best, the seniors, etc. So it was a good experience for you and you got some awesome wins with your 4x4 100 crew and some solid places for your individual 100 as well. We were really proud of you in trying this out and in doing so well in it, too!

Gymnastics was another good year for you! You are such a steady competitor and so you just rock those meets. 

You got a little sour to be around - at least for your parents. I am sure you're a bit sweeter with your friends (and don't yell at them for how disgusting they are for chewing their food so loudly . . . ), but man you are rough at home at times. I miss my baby girl, but hope she returns once these teenage-angst years depart . . . I have sworn off teaching you driving because you are the most unteachable human I have encountered . . . haha. But also cry-face.

I love you. Even teenage you.

Love,

mom

 

No comments: