And just like that, August is over! What we were up to:
Oops, July all done! :)
Miles and Emmy hiked the Perimeter trail in Ouray!
Lucy spent her 15th birthday up in Junction with Patton and his family (father, mother, and 2 sisters + 1 boyfriend). They spent time at the mall, went out to eat in Palisade at some pizza place, then enjoyed some concert of someone in Junction. She had a great time!
Lucy rocked her written driver's test and got her permit - yay and boo!

I took her for a little driving in the church parking lot and then let her drive home. She's literally the worst to teach and so it's going to be a long year struggling with this . . .
Senior year for this gorgeous gal! Molly helped get us started on these cute "Senior jeans" by painting "SENIOR." I did the rest - with "help" from Emmy. "Help" as in, "Do you like this like this?" Yes. "What color pattern should we do?" Etc. :)
And 10th grade for this cutie! Crazy!
Emmy got a few pictures with other seniors on their first day as seniors. :)
Senior Sunrise was that Friday - they met up at like 5:30am at Sunset Mesa park. Staff brought donuts, coffee, etc. Fun!
Miles finished a painting of our house. I love it so, so, so much! I love the details he included - like the old car, the Ford Flex, the oil stains, weeds, wreath, etc. It's perfect.
Since we wouldn't see Emmy much on her birthday, she opened her gifts the night before. She didn't get a whole lot because her big gift is our trip to NYC (we'll be going in September!). But she did get a digital camera - I guess they are all the rage now and coming back in style. She took this picture of Ben and Lucy and the girls went crazy over it. I can hardly tell any difference between that and an iphone picture, but what do I know . . . ?!
Emmy and Aidan had a fun evening together up in Junction on Emmy's birthday - going out to Emmy's favorite place, Texas Roadhouse. :)
Jonas received an AWESOME award recognition! Super proud of him!!
And we kicked off the College Football season watching BYU crush Portland. I mean, it was expected as Portland isn't a threat, but it was still a fun win!
Last but not least, we had Emmy's birthday cake on the last day of August. A yummy chocolate chip cookie dough cake. :) (I made Lucy a cake, too - the strawberry crumble cheesecake Emmy had last year. We had hers on August 18th with some of her girlfriends. No picture, though, sadly.)
No comments:
Post a Comment