2014

2014

Sunday, October 19, 2025

Introducing Gordon

Well, yes, three dogs is a bit excessive . . . but there is some reasoning in our madness. And while this seemed to happen quite suddenly (because it did), this is something we knew would happen at some point. We just didn't know that "some point" would come as soon as it did!

But Brigham is getting older . . . he's already 10 1/2! And with his age, he has slowed down a bit. As has his human running partner, me, ha! But Brigham + summer warmth = really slow. I knew this would happen and so we'd knew we'd be getting me another running dog eventually. But one summer morning as I was literally dragging Brigham home from a run, I realized that "eventually" was now. And I think even before this run, I had come across a post advertising Pointing Wiredhaired Griffon pups (Brigham's breed) that would be ready September 22nd. Done! Texts were made and we secured ourselves a male pup. :)

As we were thinking of names, we thought it could be kind of fun to keep it with a prophet's name . . . and hence came Gordon, after the beloved Gordon B. Hinckley. I love the name and think it fits him perfectly. Long story short, I met up with seller in Spanish Fork, UT on September 27th and drove home little Gordon. He was so chill in the car ride - just sat in his crate and never whined. I stopped and got him out frequently and all was well. He did barf a few times and I later realized that was probably why he was so chill - he was car sick. Ha! But it kind of worked out for the ride, not gonna lie . . . 

Gordon is a delight and we all are in love with him. Well, I am not sure about Brigham or Bella . . . Brigham was really quite nervous of him the first few days and wasn't sure what to do, think, etc. Bella was initially scared upon their first meeting, but now she's kind of motherly at times and a jerk at times. Oh that Bella. But Gordon is not phased by the dogs and will get them playing, chasing, etc. It's fun. :)

Pictures: (Argh it loaded them as most-recent to oldest . . . lame! Actually, they are all out of sorts. Even lamer!)


We took the dogs adventuring today to a family-favorite spot not too far from our home. At least a family-fav when the kids were cute and little. :) The dogs all loved the chance to run wild - it was a great outing!


Gordon likes our tree's apples . . . just like the other dogs. :)

Emmy + Gordon.


Gordon's first day at our home. Such a dapper pup.

Emmy was heading out to homecoming when I got home with Gordon. Cuties.

Ben and Gordon bonding for the first time. :)

Miles came down to Utah that same day I picked up Gordon to check out a Studebaker (which he did end up buying). So we met up in Spanish Fork for a picnic lunch (provided by In-N-Out) and a chance for Miles to meet Gordon. It was so fun!

Driving home with this cute and probably car-sick puppy!

Soooo cute.

Videos:

The ride home . . . 

Gordon meets Brigham

Bella meets Gordon

The dogs playing in the backyard

Gordon walking Bella 😂

No comments: