So, yeah. I've used this title, "Built Ford Tough," before. But I couldn't think of any other title, other than "Fence." And that's pretty boring.
Our backyard had a chain-linked fence that we didn't like for 2 reasons. 1. We don't like chain-linked fences, duh. 2. It cut off our yard and didn't enclose our shed. So it needed to come down fast. Fast turned out to be 2 years later. Not bad.
Ben's folks came out so that Jim could help - help, as in A Ton of Help. Diana came so that she could help me - help as in entertaining kiddos, cleaning up, cooking meals, and even sewing an adorable dress for Emmy. Poor Ben's folks - whenever they come out we keep them pretty busy; it's not a restful "break" for them. But we love it!
Anyways, here are pictures of mostly the boys and men working on the fence:
Miles helping lift a 2x4 (or something like that).
Building it "Ford Tough." (jonas' middle name is Ford)
Making progress. . .
Ben and his crew.
Jim with the same crew.
The Final Fence:
Yeah, and thanks to Jim and Diana again for all their help.
Phase 1 of our Yard Improvement is now complete. Now we'll move on to Phase 2 - putting out grass seed (again). I'm not sure how many phases our Yard Improvement project has, but it's got to be somewhere close to . . . 100?
p.s. who knew i'd post so many pictures of our fence being built!? sheesh.
6 comments:
Wow! Way to go Emily and Ben! That is awesome and it looks great. I bet the boys loved it...and now you can keep them contained. :)
Amazing! I loved all the pictures. It looks amazing. Could I borrow those helpers this summer!! I loved seeing you at playgroup the other day!
wow. it does look awesome. and emmy looks a lot like you in that pic. i love it.
EXCELLENT work!!! I love the new fence! That is part of being a homeowner eh, it's ALWAYS a "work in progress" I think!!!!! :)
I can't wait to oneday have a backyard. It looks like a lot of fun! Love the new fence.
It looks great! Good for you guys! Very impressive :)
Post a Comment