Another year has gone by and you're due for another birthday . . . this time turning 7! How fun. You are usually nuts about your birthday and talk about it for weeks and weeks before, but you haven't been so crazy this year. Emmy made you a birthday chain about a month out and you've been excited as it has gotten smaller and smaller . . .
So this past year was your first year in school - a kindergartner at Northside. As expected, you did great! You were a fabulous student and really had no problems the entire year. Your teacher loved you and you loved her - Mrs. Arrechea. And you loved school. You were always happy going and coming. You loved writing and won, I think, 2 awards for that at the awards assembly. I came in just about weekly to help out in your classroom and it was a joy for me to see you at school and to see you doing so well. You usually played with Dory (almost always) and sometime Genevieve or Abby or Madison at recess-time. I think you would still consider Dory your best-friend (well, besides Emmy).
You love, love, love the Berenstain Bear books. We'll go to the library and you'll check out 20 of them! I don't quite share your love for the books . . . I mean, I don't mind reading one to you every once in a while - but several books every night is a bit too much for me. Luckily for you, your dad seems to enjoy them almost as much as you do! Luckily for me, you'll let me read other books we've checked out. :)
You continue to do well at gymnastics. You always have fun and love it so much. You got to go to Emmy's class (once on a Thursday and a couple times to their Saturday practices) a few times and totally loved it. Emmy might have complained in the beginning, but I think she liked it in the end. :) I'm excited to see you get new skills and just get better and better with each year.
You totally love riding your bike and say so all the time and love going on bike-rides. That is, until we start going uphill. Then you complain - a lot! It drives me a little crazy . . . but once we get going flat or downhill, you're all smiles again.
The one not-so-fun thing we've experienced with you this year is your crying. I say this a lot (usually to dad), but it seems like you've cried more this past year than you have your entire life combined! I'm not sure if it's just you, the change with school, etc., but it's been rather . . . annoying. You've greatly annoyed your siblings with this trait as well. Don't worry, I remind them when they were your age, they cried bunches, too. They probably cried just as much. But it just seems so much more with you because you weren't apt to cry/whine much the past few years before, so it was kind of a big - a annoying - change. But you can't be perfect so I guess it's good you've got this problem. :) But let's just keep it a "Being 6" problem, okay!?
Now back to the positives. You have empathy far greater than most kids (including your siblings). It's sweet to see that in you. You genuinely apologize to your siblings when you've done something wrong or something they didn't like. I don't ever have to tell you to say "sorry" - you know when you should and you do. You get really upset and frustrated (and cry, of course!) when Emmy won't let you say "sorry" to her.
I missed having you around this past year, but am glad that you are growing up and going to school and all that fun stuff. You are definitely growing up in to someone that I continue to love and adore and someone in whom I am very proud to call my daughter.
Stay good. Stay sweet.
I love you,
mom

No comments:
Post a Comment