2014

2014

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Happy Double-Digits Emmy!

Well, you are 10 today!  Happy birthday!  You've been excited for this day for quite a while.  You kept telling me how once you're 10 you'll be able to stay up late.  I was like, "Uh, no."  Mainly because you share a room with your 7-year old sister.  Then I read your birthday letter from last year and it mentioned how when you are 10 you'll get to stay up later!  We'll see about that . . . there is a chance we'll move the boys permanently downstairs and then you girls would have your own rooms - then maybe you can stay up later.  :)

As I read your letter, I thought, "Yep, she (you) is pretty much the same!"  Still a lot of sugar and spice and FIRE.  :)  You're crazy and can drive me crazy lots.  But I'm also crazy about you and love seeing you and hearing you and watching you.

Seeing you:  You cut your hair real short this year and it was a perfect fit on you!  You got oodles and oodles of comments from people everywhere who just adored your hair.  I loved it and so did you.  But you are now growing it out . . . we'll see how long that lasts once the snarls come back, too.  :)  Either way, you are totally beautiful.  I love seeing how you tie up all your shirts in the back with a hair rubber-band.  It's not something I taught you - your figured out that style all on your own.  You're petite, of course, so a lot of shirts are big on you and you like a more fitted look.  It's good to see you have some sense of style . . .  I love seeing you and your sister play.  I love seeing you and your brothers play.  I love seeing you run.  I love seeing you read.

Hearing you:  I love to hear you sing.  You sing just like me - I'm so sorry!  I have nobody to blame but myself for that.  :)  But it's sweet.  You do like to sing to songs we listen to in the car.  Your brothers, mainly Jonas, do not totally love it.  I loved hearing you talk about Dork Dairies this past summer.  You totally got in to the series this summer and would tell me all about it.  We even listened to one of the books on our girls-only trip to Utah.  I also love hearing you talk about your "special" friends.  You are greatly endeared to the special need students at your school.  You've had a couple in your classes and you have been really great with them and they have all really liked you, too.  You would make a great special-ed teacher!

Watching you:  Of course I love watching you at gymnastics.  It's fun to see you get new skills.  I especially love watching you with your cousin Grace doing gymnastic routines.  I can't wait to watch you someday in a gymnastics competition!  Your coach says you and your team will be competing soon, but we'll see . . . I hope so.  I loved, loved, loved watching you sing with Lucy in sacrament meeting on Mothers' Day.  You and Lucy memorized your verse and it was just about the best present ever.  I loved it so much.

I love seeing you - especially when you make good choices.  I love hearing you - especially when you are saying nice things.  I love watching you - especially when you are working hard.

I love being a part of your life and especially being your mother!

I love you,
mom