2014

2014

Friday, August 18, 2017

Hot-Dog Shirt

So today is Jonas' first day of middle school!  He's ready and excited for it.  I think it will be a great year for him . . . fingers crossed.  I hope he makes new and, especially, good friends this year, too.

Last night was back to school night for both of our schools.  It was a bit crazy with four kids, really.  Especially when Ben had to leave for the church . . . but I survived, barely.  We met some of Jonas' teachers and then had to run around to meet a few of Miles' teachers (we had already gone to Northside and met the girls' 2 teachers . . . more about that on Monday).

Today was the first day for just the 6th graders at Centennial Middle School.  The other middle school in town, Columbine, started on Tuesday.  If you remember, Jonas' best-friend Ivan now goes there.

Since all the other kids were still home, I thought it would be fun for us all to ride our bikes together.  So we did.  There was a parent orientation meeting that I stayed for - Miles, Emmy, and Lucy played at the new playground the school just put in this last month.  The 6th graders were already off for their own orientation.

I think he'll have a fun first day - we'll see when he comes home!

 He sure is handsome . . . hot dog shirt and all!  (Remember how the kids got to pick out some clothing at Old Navy.  Yep, both my boys picked out the hot dog shirts . . . that were on clearance . . . go figure.  :) )

 He's looking older!

 Waiting at the longest stop-light in town . . . per Jonas.  He's probably right, too.  But it's the safest route and so they (the boys) will just have to wait every morning for that green light.

 The gang - minus Miles and myself.

As Dr. Seuss said, "You're off to great places!"

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Go go go Jonas, you know what they say! You're in middle school---awesome!