2014

2014

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Girls' Room

So the girls' room is finally "finished."  This means we got them a bunk bed - which was one of the main reasons we switched their room, Ben built a wall, etc., etc.  I ended up finding a bed and dresser on ksl.com (Utah news channel - their classified section) and my nice parents brought it down on Thursday.  We got it all set up and then went to dinner for a Northside fundraiser.  Then Ben and I showed our parents the first episode of our newest favorite show - Poldark.  It was a really nice evening.

It's a quality bed and dresser and looks great and the girls are so excited!  Although Emmy did tell me that it might be hard not sleeping with Lucy anymore . . . we'll see if they end up together some nights in the same bunk.  :)

The pictures don't do their cute room justice, but it gives you an idea.


(Yes, Brigham still loves to stare at the rats.  He doesn't do it all day long anymore, but it is a favorite pastime of his.  :)  )

(P.S.  Yes, I am really posting this at 4:15.  Once again, for the 3rd night in a row, I was awoken around 3ish due to my pain associated with my stupid chipmunk cheeks.  Parotid gland inflammation is the correct term.  My ears get really, really painful.  Like a really bad earache - which I have had several times in the past few years.  Only those times my eardrums would eventually rupture and I would be freed from my pain.  I don't think that's going to happen this time as the etiology of my earache is of a different nature.  I'm sort of miserable and tried of being tired and not feeling good.  Ben is on a camp-out with our two boys and 7 other scouts - it's been raining all night long.  I hope they aren't miserable.  It might be a napping Saturday!)

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

First, the bunk bed look awesome! How fun to have mom and dad for a day. So does this mean you're all done with home improvements for a bit?

Second, has emmy seen this book? https://www.amazon.com/Emmy-Incredible-Shrinking-Rat/dp/0312384602/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524338088&sr=8-1&keywords=emmy+rats

Third, are you taking drugs for your pain?! Do it!

Dad said...

You must have simply wonderful parents...ha! Mom & Dad