2014

2014

Saturday, April 07, 2018

Grand Gulch Day 4

Our last day!  And it was another cold morning!  We got up early and got the kids up and were on the trail by 8 am - Ben's goal!
 The fourth day and they were still smiling - even with their packs on.  Awesome!

 One handsome guy!

 We cruised on this hike!  We "only" had four miles to do - and I guess we had gotten stronger or something!  Also, we didn't have much boulder-scrambling, bush-wacking, or wash-climbing like we had the other three days.  Lucy was our leader for most of this day and she did so great and kept a fairly good pace!

 I'm so strong and funny and original.

 A cool spot on our hike.  We were getting close . . .

 And we made it!  By 10:15 am - it was a record for us!  What a great trip.

 As our hike was a horseshoe-loop, we had to leave Ben's bike at the Ranger station.  So he got on his bike and rode about 7 miles to our car left at the Bullet Canyon trailhead.  Besides his chain coming off over half-a-dozen times, he had a nice ride.

We hung out at the ranger station while Ben biked.  I cooked up some mashed potatoes for the kids - they LOVED it.  

We were totally impressed by these kids - all of them.  There were very minimal complaints and they backpacked 25 miles!  Wow.  Indeed, we can do hard things.

And awesome things!

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

ACK! So amazing! You guys really are the coolest and I want to be just like you...but without four kids. :)

Elder James and Sister Dixie Galbraith said...

What an adventure!!!! It sounds as if everyone really did well. It was truly quite an achievement.

Rachelle said...

I love this!! I have been telling David we should get on a backpacking trip, and there you are making it happen - so cool. Impressed you could get so close to the ruins, too - just awesome.