So I contacted them and were told they did have a couple left. Ben and I talked and just decided against it. Mainly because it was a bigger dog (well, medium compared to Brigham) - but a similar dog. Well-mannered, outdoorsy, etc.
Months ago Ben had brought up how we should get a pug. I think he even mentioned it around Christmastime that it would be fun to get one. I was resistant because of the shedding that pugs do and that we already had a great dog!
So after we decided against the local puppies and brought up pugs again . . . I went and did a dangerous thing. I looked up pugs on ksl.com. This is what caught my eye:
And I was sold. Ben thought it was adorable, too (we didn't know if it was female/male at this point). The next morning I texted the gal and was told the white-pawed pug was a female. What, a female!? I've never owned a female dog before. But, after chatting with Ben at work, we bought the little pug! (One of the rashest things we've done in a while!)
My ever-so-accommodating parents agreed to pick her up for us. The boys were then going to head out from their temple trip to my parents' place and get her and bring her back home.
The kids didn't knew what we were picking up - just a "Mother's Day Surprise."
When I told my parents, my mom exclaimed, "Whhhhy?" Ben's parents asked the same question. . . :)
I'm not sure we have the answer for that - except that we just love dogs, I guess! Plus my kids have just kept begged and begged for me to have another baby - and that I'm not doing. So a puppy is the next best thing. :)
I am super happy we got Bella at this time in our lives. Our kids adore her. Some day my kids won't all be at home - that wouldn't be the time to get a pug! Now is definitely the time. Brigham has already been such a wonderful addition to our family and our adventures, and I know Bella will, too. Plus, kids help train puppies to be fabulous dogs - at least that was true in Brigham's case and I'm hoping it'll be true for Bella, too.
Jonas and Bella's first meeting! So cute!
Both boys were very excited to have such a cute, little, girl, pug puppy!
Ben woke the boys up on Sunday morning my bringing Bella in to their bed. What a fun wake-up!
Ben got a few adorable "portraits" of Bella on Sunday morning at my parents' home. So adorable!
She's as sweet as she looks, too. Though also acts like a puppy!
The girls were super, super, super excited for Bella! What a fun surprise! She was even cuter in person. :)
Love.
I like this picture because someone is always wanting to pet, hold, or love on Bella.
And what did Brigham think?! Who knows. But he was good and funny with Bella. A little scared and skittish, too, perhaps. :)










1 comment:
That video is hilarious. And Bella is perfect! We should get them and Bruno together. :)
Post a Comment