2014

2014

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Fathers' Day

I sure lucked out in the father-department - a great father myself, married to a great father, and have a great father-in-law.  Win.  Win.  Win.

We had a good fathers' day - complete with cards, gifts (including the awesome BYU shirt Ben is wearing in the above picture), a walk in the woods, his choice of dinner an dessert, etc.

I will post the answers to the questionnaire that we did on both Fathers' Day and Mothers' Day:
(mother's answers first, then father's - with Miles' responses first and then down the line . . )

1.  Describe your mother/father:
What do you mean?  She's nice to us, she's short, she looks like her day.
Uh, he's nice.  He has a scratchy beard.

She's nice, she's fun, she's small and short.
He's very nice and adventurous.

Beautiful, kind, sweet, loving, wife, frustrated.
Amazing, funny, brave, strong, good looking, has a beard.

My mother is short, really nice, she likes to run with Brigham, she encourages people, and she's funny.
He's nice and he does nice stuff for us and he's a really good dad.

2.  What makes your mother/father happy?
When we don't fight.
When his kids are good and when he gets to do things he likes to do.

When we get along and clean our room.
When I do my chores and don't fight.

A new puppy!
Nice kids.

Good children that are nice.
When the kids are nice to each other.

3.  What does your mother/father like to do?
Run with Brigham
Stuff the people did a long time ago.  Like Lewis and Clark stuff.

Run.
Um.  He likes to watch movies about old people who died.

Go on walks, hike, camp, backpack, swim, kiss you (Ben).
Hike, bike, camp, canoe, fish, spend time with family, go to church.

She likes to hmmm probably likes to run with Brigham.
fishing, hiking, and outside stuff.

4.  What have you done lately to make your mom/dad happy?
Hmmm.  I got her a mothers' day gift. . . one that I sewed at school.
I got in the car on time to go to church.

Went to Utah to get a pet dog.
Um.  Let's see.  I did the dishes and I paid attention in church (unlike half the boys).

Tried to obey her more.
Come home (from Utah) to give him company.

I gave her mother's day gifts and I cleaned the house on Saturday.
I gave him fathers' day presents.

5.  If you could get your mother/father anything, what would you get?
I don't know . . . give her nice kids.
Uhh.  I don't know.  Probably like some fun hiking reenactment adventure.

I would get her the most awesome dress (I am not sure that is what Ben wrote . . I'll have to double-check that one) in the world.
Hmm.  Let's see.  Ehhh.  Hmmm.  A curling board in our backyard.

I would have gotten her a pug but she already got one.
Whole family everlasting life.

Earrings and a nice child, yeah, me!
A ticket to a movie he likes and . . . maybe buy a movie he likes

6.  What do you like to do with mom/dad?
I guess talk
Go camping.

Read.
Camp and canoe.

I like to watch movies with her, hike, camp, swim, go to church, cook.
Jump on the tramp, hike, bike, swim, camp.

I like to go to restaurants, bananas fun park, and Macs (playplace)
Go hiking, to to restaurants, and fishing and camping.

What is something mom/dad does that you like?
Make food.
He let's us do stuff you (mom) don't.

She walked us to school when we were younger.
Fishes.

Does stuff that we want to do.
Cooks.

I like that she gets clothes for us and gets presents for us on our birthdays.
Makes funny jokes and makes us laugh.

8.  What do you think your mom/dad wants to become when you grow up?
A successful person.  She doesn't want me to do drugs or bad things.
Successful.

Definitely not an airplane person . . .maybe an engineer.
Definitely not a fighter pilot or hobo.  Maybe a doctor like him (when I reminded him that Ben is not a doctor . . .) Oh, a nurse.

A good person.
A good person.

She wants me to become a missionary and a good person and she probably wants me to become a wife.
A good mom and a missionary.

9.  Besides Montrose, where do you think your mom/dad would like to live?
Somewhere in Utah.
In the woods.  Oh, Maryland.  (After questioning if he really meant Maryland . . .) Oh, no, Maine.  Can you erase Maryland and put Maine?

Virginia!
Maine.

Ooh, that's hard, oh, Sandy, UT.
Guatemala.

Oh geez, probably like to live in Hawaii, b/c she wears sandals a lot.
Probably Washington D.c. or Maryland - but it's hot and sweaty there.

10.  Why do you love your mom/dad?
B/c that's how it's always been.
B/c he loves me.

'Cause she's nice and fun!
B/c he's always nice to us.

B/c she raised me, she's the first face I saw . . . I think.
Cuz he's the first man I ever saw.

I love her b/c she is kind and funny and she likes doing fun stuff with us and she likes walking dogs with us and she probably likes pugs.
He's the best dad and if I had to choose a dad, I'd choose him!

11.  What is something that mom/dad often says to you?
Goodbye
Miles

Can't you be nicer to your siblings?
Do your chores.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.
You're one of the three most beautiful things I've ever seen.

When I say, "I love you," she says, "I know.  I love you, too."  She often says, "Go clean the house."
I love you and Hello Goils.






1 comment:

erinmalia said...

"Stuff the people did a long time ago." I thought this said, "stuff people" like taxidermy. hahaha.

Also, you want to live in Maryland?!?!? Come now! The house next door is for sale.

And a hobo?! I sure hope he doesn't become a hobo.