2014

2014

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Best Cake Wins

Our kids like to watch Nailed It and Best Cake Wins on Netflix.  So we decided to do a family home evening modeled after the show.  I should have taken videos and made it in to an actual show . . . but that would have taken too much work.  So I didn't.  :)

We got in to teams:  Ben and myself, Emmy and Miles, and Lucy and Jonas.  Each team worked together to design their cake and then we went to Walmart to get our supplies.  We decided on rice krispie cakes because making three regular cakes seemed absurd (but, for some reason, three rice krispie cakes didn't seem too ridiculous).

The kids worked hard on Monday in baking (well, not really baking) and decorating their cakes.  Ben and I worked quickly on Monday night right before FHE to get ours done.  Then we put it to media (facebook and instagram) to decide which one was the Best Cake.  But I felt badly for some of my kids as they weren't getting a ton of votes (but we all got some!), so I took my posts down.  :)  But Ben and I won first, Jonas and Lucy's cake was second, and Emmy and Miles' cake got third.  We all had fun - except when we didn't.

Ben was in charge of coming up with the theme . . . he decided on BYU.

 Jonas and Lucy's cake.  A BYU football and player, a big Y, and all sorts of "Y's".  Fun!

 (The kids took their own pictures . . . )  Emmy and Miles' simple yet elegant "Y" cake.

Our "Y" mountain cake.  It was definitely the yummiest - we made chocolate rice krispies with almond frosting.  Yum.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

haha. this is awesome!