2014

2014

Friday, March 15, 2019

FHE - Driving Lessons!

Well, Miles took the Driver's Ed written test and passed with a 96%.  Yay!  It was kind of a hassle for me to get this all together, so I was glad we were done with it.  And, actually, we didn't even have to wait at the DMV - it went fairly quickly! 

So for our "fun" part of FHE we went to the church's parking lot and Miles drove us around for the very first time.  It was quite comical and not too scary - except for that one time he stepped on the gas instead of the brakes.  Luckily, no cars were there.  :)  He mainly just drove around the lot, practicing turning, blinkers, parking, stopping.

Ben took Miles out two days later and said there was marked improvement already.  Thank goodness.  Ha.  :)  Miles would drive a little loop, which included a parking lot and even a real-live road.  Miles probably drove about 500 feet on the real-road.  Which is perfect for his second-time ever driving.

Let the fun times begin!
Miles at the DMV taking his test.  I was slightly scared to take the picture . . . Miles was warned if he got out his phone he'd be automatically disqualified, or whatever they said.  But I snatched one picture really quickly.  :)

Yay, he got his permit (well, the paper one.  A "real" one will come in the mail sometime)!

 Miles at the wheel - aiyiyi.

 Mixed reactions - Jonas is a bit excited, Emmy and Lucy were excited and scared.  :)

 Go, Miles, go.  Just not over 10MPH, please.

 Ben, the instructor.  I got to play "back-seat driver."  I think we both played our parts well.  :)


1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Is Miles excited to drive? Do kids out there actually kids their licenses, or just Miles? Out here, barely anyone does. They're lame. Miles is awesome.