I went for a lovely run that morning with Brigham. It was like in the 40s and was one of the warmest morning-runs I've had all year. I didn't have to wear any layers so it was super awesome. I then spent a couple of hours (mainly because my computer is so lame and causes such inefficiencies with my life) designing my birthday present to myself - using birthday money I received. I ended up designing these super cute chaco sandals:
I've been wearing chacos that are super-duper old. I think they are probably like a dozen years old or something! And they definitely smell like it. :) Anyways, I'm super excited to get my new shoes! It was totally worth turning 40 for them!
I made myself a "salted caramel Rice Krispie" cake. It was part of my gift to myself: making my cake = licking up the bowls. Win!
Emmy and I went for a run while Lucy was in her piano lesson. It was great! We took Bella with us and she does super. (I had already taken Brigham in the morning and so I didn't take him again. Not because he couldn't handle another run. But because we didn't want to handle both dogs - they can get annoying.) Lucy practiced playing "Happy Birthday" at her lesson.
Csilla dropped off some cute balloons and a beautiful orchid. While I was out running with Emmy, my boss dropped off some planted flowers and lots of MnMs, from the JRC nurses.
After running we decided to eat my cake - yes, before dinner. Dinner was going to be late, so we decided to do dessert first. Fun and yummy.
Ben's beautiful bouquet of flowers and the adorable card he picked out - which inspired my cake decoration. :)
40 candles. Whoa.
Then it was taking the girls to gym, trying on some chacos to get the right sizing for my online purchase, taking Jonas to lacrosse practice with Miles driving (ahhhh, navigating real traffic - it was a bit scary; I'm a total back-seat driver. I just can't help it! I'm not yelling or anything, just "teaching" Miles. :) ) I went early to watch the girls at gym practice, then we came home, the girls changed, and we went and picked up Jonas from lacrosse.
Then we finally went to dinner. We thought it would be less-crowded since it was later, but nope! We probably had to wait for 20-25 minutes, but finally around 7:45 we were seated. :) We had a delicious dinner. Then it was home and I finally opened up my gifts. I got some cash (for my chacos), some flowers from Ben, and an awesome assortment of gifts from my sister. She totally rocked it for me! (Ben's "gift" to me - which I chose - is the snowshoe-to-a-yurt trip we are doing tonight. Fun!)
There are the orchids and potted flowers. Lots of bags of MnMs. Oh, a bag of my favorite chocolate chips from Miles! Then my sister's awesome gifts - the Amazing handmade bag sewn with corkboard fabric (it's sooooo cool!), a book I've wanted to read (suggested by Erin) but our library didn't carry it, a cool oven-mitt, a fun silicone water-bottle, adorable post-it notes, and my favorite and ultra-hard-to-find candy bar: Violet Crumble. Loved it all so very much.
Oh, last thing. My girls were asking a friend of mine the night before (at our church night) what they could do for my birthday. She suggested they write on post-it notes and stick them throughout the house where I'd fine them. My girls worked on it the night before and it truly was fun finding them all day long - in my shoes, in Emmy's lunch-box, the dishwasher, in the fridge, the car, etc. :)
So far I'm loving my 40s!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fabulous day! Welcome to your 40s sis!
Post a Comment