2014

2014

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Spring Break 2019, part 1

Monday was quite a lovely day!  In fact, the first of the week was so nice . . . and then it got not-so-nice.  But that's March for ya!  So the kids and I rode our bikes to the bike bumps.  We met up with three other families:  Patty & Ivan, Heather and her four kids, and Csilla and her three kids.  We had a good time!
 Yay, on bikes again!

Miles - on Emmy's bike, helmet backwards, and sunglasses upside-down.  At least he's wearing his cool Star Wars shirt.

We watched a movie from my past that night - Savannah Smiles.  It was enjoyed by all!

On Tuesday we watched our two neighbor kids - Genevieve ("G"), who is Lucy's good friend, and Edwin (G's brother).  Csilla was running some camps and so she invited us to the field house that morning to join her groups there on the bouncy houses.  So we all went - minus Miles who stayed home to work on school stuff.  Jonas learned a cool back-flip trick - running up the bouncy-slide and do a back-flip.  Emmy did it, too.  They were pretty pleased with themselves.  :)

Then we got back and I took Miles for his haircut.  Like a real haircut.  Like oodles and oodles of hair cut off.  Jessi, the stylist who has been "cutting" Miles' hair for months now, was super surprised that Miles agreed to get a real cut.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
I thought Miles was SO MAD during his haircut.  I was having a hard time reading him. But he wasn't too mad.  I think he thinks his hair is "okay." He's already planning on growing it out again, though.  Which is fine with me - to a point.  I think we'll try and contain it a bit more this time.  Maybe not quite so long.  Ben LOVES Miles' haircut and was super-shocked at how much Miles agreed to cut off.  It's a long story and I'm too lazy to detail it all out (you're welcome).

Jonas got to join one of Csilla's camp - the Skateboarding one.  He LOVED it and now wants to buy a skateboard.  But the skateboard park here is super sketchy . . .

Here's a video of Jonas and Levi skateboarding.




1 comment:

erinmalia said...

This is exactly how spring break should be!