After we did the car-thing, we headed to dinner at Cafe Rio.
Everybody loves it, so that makes it nice and easy!
We had some time to kill, so we went to the mall. The girls loved it and we even bought ourselves a necklace heart that connects together - Big Sis, Mom, Lil Sis. Cute, cute.
Then we went back to BYU to attend the Jazz band concert.
It was pretty great - but just a little long! :)
On Thursday, my dad, Miles, and Ben went back down to Orem to get the car. The car, or "the boat," drove just fine up the canyon. At one point, however, it did stall. It stalled at a light in Heber, I think. It was quite exciting, from Jonas' point of view, as he got to go out and help push it (along with a bystander). It did make it home but it did make us a little weary, now, of the boat. But, it's going to be okay. I mean, I won't guarantee the car will work perfectly, but the whole situation will be okay. Ben and Miles will have some fun bonding-time working on the car. :) And if it doesn't run like a well-oiled machine ever, well we'll all learn some lessons from this, then. :)
We took Miles to the church parking lot and let him drive his car for the first time. He loved it!
My parents were nice enough to take our whole family to Benihana. We all loved it so much!
You can never have a bad time at Benihana.
I was super surprised and impressed at how well and how much my girls did eat!
Cute!
Miles had a birthday gift-certificate, which also meant free dessert with some "Happy Birthday" singing thrown in. :) He loved it, haha.
On Friday Ben and I headed down and attended an endowment session at the Provo City Center temple. Afterwards, my parents brought our kids down and dropped off the oldest three.
Emmy's first time!
Emmy was a little nervous and unsure of what to do, where to go, etc. I always am, too. I just told her to find someone dressed in white and ask them. :) Baptisms worked out perfectly - timing was good (there was a HUGE youth group right behind us) and Ben was able to baptize all of us and do the confirmations. It was pretty awesome!
We met up with my parents and Lucy (who had spent some time thrift-shopping) at BYU and ate at the CougarEat. Then we went to the BYU gymnastics championship meet. It was awesome!

On Saturday we left after lunchtime and headed back down to BYU . . .
We checked out the Musuem of Art's display, plus their cool store. We also went and spent time (and money) at the BYU Store.
We then met up with my parents at the BYU Creamery.
Miles picked the yummiest ice cream: coconut joy. Mounds in ice-cream form - yum!!!
We finished up at BYU's Varsity Theater watching some Spiderman movie. For a Spiderman/animation movie, it was pretty good! Although the laughter at the Varsity is always so loud and so it was sometimes hard to hear . . . Good old BYU theater!
I had asked my mom to make bul-ko-ki for dinner and it was perfect! My kids have either never had it or it's been so long that none of us remember. But they all (including Emmy!) loved it, too. I told Emmy it was like jerky for dinner - but just a little chewier. :) Miles and Ben were able to squeeze in a good drive (with Miles driving the boat) on real roads - that even went up to 50 MPH. Ben is so brave.
We had fun that night playing and then not-playing the Mexican Train game, and then playing Splatzi. We also enjoyed looking at my parents' album from their trip to Israel and Egypt last fall.
On Sunday we headed over to the Sabey's home, dropped off the boat, attended their ward, and then drove home.
BYU might not be the most exotic of places to spend a Spring Break at, but we sure loved it! (My parents' home in Midway was the icing on the cake.)
1 comment:
I want that coconut ice cream NOW. I'm going to put it on my list for summer. I'm so happy to hear how much driving Miles is getting in. I'm just nothing but supportive. Mom and dad's house is the BEST!
Post a Comment