Like I've mentioned before, Emmy didn't participate in her school's GOTR "club." She thought it was boring, plus it was on her gym days and she didn't like that last year. I supported her choice - but was happy that she still wanted to run the 5K! So we "trained" together during Lucy's piano practices to get Emmy ready for it.
I guess last year she ran it in about 30:20 and wanted to beat it by 2 minutes - a pretty ambitious goal. But, spoiler alert, she almost did! :)
Again, pacing is half the challenge of a race and so I'm a good pacer for her. She's able to run the whole time because of good pacing. :)
The boys were out mowing and so we didn't get any finish-line photos, but here is what I did get:
It took Lucy about 10 tries to get a picture where my head wasn't cut-off. :)
Emmy's 2019 GOTR 5K time - 28:35. So awesome! She's becoming a good little runner! She's excited about doing it in middle school - too bad she has to wait until 7th grade. :(
It's a fun race and I'm glad to do it with Emmy!
1 comment:
Haha. Little kids are the worst at taking pictures. So proud of Emmy! Will she join us on our Utah runs?
Post a Comment