2014

2014

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Ben's Early Father's Day Present

So Ben had a busy week this past week - he was working on a talk that he'll give tomorrow (Father's Day), plus he had a Deacon's Camp-Out Friday that he was organizing and planning for.

Ben takes the boys mowing and they had a full-load to do this week. So Tuesday I came up with a pre-Father's Day surprise: I would take the boys Wednesday morning and we would get them done. So we did and we even met up with Ben for some shaved-ice when he was done with work and totally played along with all the lawns they'd have to mow afterwards. When Ben got home he saw the "Happy Early Fathers' Day" note from the boys and was so happy! He was able to spend the evening writing his talk, thus freeing up some of his anxiety for the week.

On Thursday the boys got two "extra" mow jobs to do that day - and, as it just so happened, it had to be me that took them. One job was for a family in another ward who is moving to Utah and they were having a showing at noon and . . . nevermind, long and boring story. But the husband needed our boys STAT and so I ran them over and boy-oh-boy was that a HUGE backyard! (It was an acre, but seemed like so much more!) Luckily (and oh-so-fun for the boys - Miles especially) he had a ride-on mower. So Jonas trimmed, I helped with our push-mower, and Miles drove the ride-on. We got it done and I think it looked nice. Then it was a rush home, get the kids ready for their swim practice plus me ready to do laps, swim, back home, and back out with the boys to mow Lucy's music teacher's lawn. She was surprising her husband and so I thought that was pretty great and funny. :)

Here are a few mowing pictures:

 Go, Miles, Go. He wasn't too bummed about doing this lawn . . .

 Jonas got to do a few laps . . . but he's the runner-up to trimming when Ben's not available (although Miles did do a bit and I think he's a fine trimmer, too).

 Jonas working hard.

 The HUGE yard. :)

What a cool and lucky kid.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

That IS big! Wowza. I imagine they get paid more for that, right?