2014

2014

Sunday, August 18, 2019

We Girls in Midway

While the boys were off adventuring (and Ben was home-alone), the girls and I headed out to Midway. We had fun hiking, going to the County Fair, swimming at the pool, attending my nephew's baptism, etc. Midway is hard to beat!

 On Friday morning we headed off to Stewart Falls. It's an awesome hike - unless you're my mother. Then you would have hated it! Ha.

 My mom did great - it was just a bumpy trail and she tripped quite a few times and fell once. :( But she made it super close to the water-fall - at least she could see it from the trail. :)

 So beautiful! The misty spray was refreshing!

 A rainbow!

 The girls loved the pool!

 I took them to the ridiculously-priced county fair. The swings are always a safe, but enjoyable, ride.

 The girls went on this - the scrambler, or something like that. At first they were both all smiles.

 I think they are still smiling here. But then it started going so fast and Emmy was soooo scared. It was actually hilarious. I was laughing too hard to take a picture. :) Emmy had a love-hate relationship with it.

 The girls and I entered the hula-hoop contest. We all totally lost in our age-divisions, but it was fun! The hula-hoopers were insane - I mean, I can stand there and hula-hoop as long as anyone. What I can't do it hula-hoop and walk in circles, bend down to my knees and back up, spin the hula-hoop up around my neck and back down, etc. Ha! Those winners were amazing.

 Emmy bought her and Lucy some deliciously messy cotton-candy! And look- they match their hats!

 How Lucy traveled to and from the pool.

My sister was in town with her husband's family, having a Huband reunion. Since most of her family was there, my sister had her son, Ollie, baptized. It was a great baptism! (Upload photos Erin so I can post some!) Afterwards everyone was invited over to my parents' home for gigantic cinnamon-rolls. Yummy!

This was about 1/4 of what the cinnamon roll was . . . :)

That afternoon after all the Hubands left, my sister, mom and I went shopping for the next part of our trip: Yellowstone. The boys got back from their high-adventure Saturday afternoon and then after a shower, headed up to Midway and got there around 11.

Sunday morning we all went to church and then headed up to Mack's Inn, Idaho . . .

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

You look like you're 6' tall in that pic in front of the falls! Seriously.

Remind me to tell you about the dumb games the kids were playing in the pool So dumb.

And you need to tell me how expensive the fair was! I didn't hear that.

I'm still dreaming of those cinnamon rolls. They were soooo good.